Promise

In the early morning hours, the brunette released a content hum before opening her eyes. She stretched her hand out beside her and expected to feel a warm body.

All she felt was cold sheets.

Camila sat up with a start when she realized no one was in the bed with her. It was empty. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room.

She was alone.

A pang of fear struck her.

"Jauregui !" the brunette called in a panic. "Jauregui !"

The green eyed rushed to the doorway, nearly falling in the process. "What is it? What's wrong, baby?" Jauregui asked coming into the room. She had on a bra and her black jeans.

"Oh..." Camila buried her face in her hands and shook her head. "I just thought..." She looked at the taller woman as she sat on the bed beside her. "I don't know."

Jauregui smiled softly and placed an arm around the brunette's body. "I'm not the type to leave without saying goodbye."

Camila chuckled lightly, feeling silly for freaking out. "I know. I'm sorry. That's what usually happens to me though. I'd sleep with a woman one night and in the morning... I'd wake up alone. For a second I thought I had dreamed all this."

Jauregui raised her other hand and softly stroked the side of the brunette's face. "It was all real." She kissed Camila softly on the lips and they both smiled. "I was just calling in sick for work today."

"Good..." She climbed on top of the green eyed and straddled her hips. She then wrapped her arms around Jauregui's neck, holding her close.

"Hey..." the guard cooed, returning the embrace. She held the brunette to her.

"I hate to sound clingy...but don't leave me alone like that. I don't like it."

Jauregui smiled. "Okay. I promise."

Camila leaned back and looked down between their bodies. "What are you doing with clothes on?" She questioned with a grin.

"I wanted to have something on when I called work. It's...I don't know. I just feel uncomfortable talking to a co-worker naked."

"But you're on the phone."

"I need clothes on."

"It doesn't matter."

"It does to me."

"You're funny." Camila kissed Jauregui on the cheek and then playfully ran her fingers through Jauregui's hair, making it messier.

The dark haired made a face and looked up at her lover. "Having fun?"

"I am."

"Oh, yeah?" Jauregui suddenly tackled the brunette onto her back, and they both giggled. The green eyed looked down into Camila's chocolate eyes and smiled.

Camila smiled back. "Will you tell me now? How you knew it was me yesterday."

Jauregui leaned her body down so it was fully lying on top of the brunette's. "I remembered how you feel."

"Really...you mean...just by me touching you, you knew it was me?"

"Part of me knew. That's why your name slipped out."

Camila smiled. "Even with my phony accent?"

"Yeah, the accent was throwing me off a bit. But I knew your touch. It's still the same. I'm glad it really was you because I was beginning to miss you again."

"Even during a lap dance?"

The dark haired grinned. "Yes...even during a lap dance. I missed you all the time."

Camila lightly ran her fingertips over the Jauregui's lips. "I missed you too."

The taller one bent down and placed sweet kisses and Camila's neck, making the brunette laugh. She lifted her head and looked down into her eyes again. "I really love you."

Camila smiled glumly and cupped the guard's cheek. "I love you too. I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner. It was just so hard for me to say it long ago. You made me feel things that were so... out of my league I just freaked out."

Jauregui chuckled lightly. "It's okay."

"No, it isn't." The brunette looked seriously into Jauregui's eyes. "I really hurt you. Didn't I?"

The guard lowered her gaze, clearly remembering the hurt Camila had caused her. But no matter what the consequence, she could not resist the fiery woman. That is why she left. She thought Camila would never love her in return.

Jauregui raised her eyes and smiled lightly. "Yes..."

Camil gave her lover a sympathetic look, feeling terrible by the way she acted years ago.

"But I still loved you. I couldn't help it," The green eyed confessed in a soft whisper.

Camila leaned in and brushed her lips against Jauregui's in a gentle kiss. "I'm sorry I hurt you, baby. I'm really sorry. Is there any way I can make it up to you?"

"Well..." the dark haired drawled out. "The lap dance and sex was a good start."

"The lap dance was work."

"Really?" Jauregui shifted off the brunette and laid next to her. She leaned on her elbow. "Do you allow all of your customers to feel you up and pinch your nipples?" She secretly prayed that was not the case.

Camila rolled her eyes slightly. "Okay, no. You were a special customer," the brunette smiled.

"Good to know."

They kissed once more...then again, and soon they were sharing a deep passionate liplock.
Camila broke the kiss suddenly. "Jauregui?"

"Yeah..."

"Don't judge me for asking this but...what's your first name?"

Jauregui looked at her for a moment and then suddenly both of them burst out into a fit of laughter. All this time, sleeping together and the green eyed's name never came up. Camila was laughing so hard she had to hold her stomach and Jauregui was having trouble breathing. They finally pulled themselves together after a minute or two.

"Oh..." the taller one sighed, catching her breath. "It's Lauren."

The brunette took a moment to process the name. "Hmm...Lauren ." She stroked the side of the dark haired face. "I like it...but I think I like Jauregui better."

"So do I."

"I'll just call you Lauren if I get really mad at you. How about that?"

Smiling, Jauregui rolled onto her back and pulled the brunette on top of her. "Fair enough. Now kiss me."

The End
* * * * *

Well, "Th-th-th-that's all folks!" 😁

I know... it was a short story, but I had always loved this story, so I wanted to share it with you all...
Hope u enjoyed it as much as I did ;)

#staysafe #stayathome