Hospital Visit

dreaming of you at 4am

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬●

No... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!...

No...

She had done, did it? She messed everything up and was now suffering the consequences of her actions. She hurt her friend unwarranted.

It was all her fault and now he hated her and it was all her fault. 

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬●

Katelyn knew that hospital's meant bad news, yet, she had somehow found herself in one yet again, she had probably made some questionable choices looking back on it. But she hadn't been the cause of her being in the hospital waiting room this time, that was someone else who she knew too well for comfort.

Kawaii~Chan had snapped at Travis for no reason, she wasn't sure why exactly that was, maybe she was feeling under the weather but that still didn't explain anything at all. Maybe she was having a bad day since it was cold outside, but then again who gets in a fight because it was cold outside? That didn't make any sense.

The question was, why during this time and not sometime else? She didn't know if it was her luck, maybe Irene was trying to get on her nerves by making it happen now and not later on but she silently cursed whoever's idea was it.

She silently cursed Kawaii~Chan who had put Travis in the hospital.

Katelyn wasn't sure how she ended up stumbling upon him, after all, she was just going on a simple walk but ended up taking a detour for some reason, she wasn't sure why maybe to get to that cafe she liked? It all happened so quickly it felt like a blur to her. All of it was.

She looked towards the window, it was starting to grow brighter outside, the dim neon light's outside the hospital dimly illuminating the front door displaying the patterns on the fogged-up window that was most likely made by children who visited here with their mom or dad and were bored as they waited to get called in. She remembered when she used to do that as a child, she'd be on a field trip where they were all lined up to get on a school bus so they could get to their destination and to pass the time she'd draw on the windows with whatever idea came to mind.

That was a simpler time she wished she could have returned to, but things never work in those kinds of ways for her.

Snapping out of her journey to memory lane, Katelyn looked up from her seat, the smell of hot coffee filling the room, thankfully not mixing with the sharp smell of cheap floor polisher and antiseptics. It was Zane who had brought two cups of coffee with him, one, hopefully for her.

She followed the path he was taking which was to the seat right next to her, holding out a cup of coffee to her.

"What do you want?" Katelyn grumbled taking the cup of coffee from his hands, the cup had felt warm under her touch. Zane shrugged and sat down beside her unphased by Katelyn's clear aggravation. "Do I need a reason to be here?" He inquired, Katelyn responded to him with a harsh glare.

"You never show up unless you have a reason to, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't show up to give me coffee and then just leave," Katelyn stated, he looked to the side. "And what if I did show up just to do that?" Zane asked her. Katelyn gave him a deadpan look.

"Then you wouldn't be sitting next to me right now," She responded, he shrugged again. "But then again maybe I would be," The conversation went silent. Katelyn sipped on her cup of coffee, it was still hot and tasted slightly bitter.

"So, how's that coffee?" Zane asked, Katelyn, rolled her eyes and placed it on the table next to her seat. "Okay Zane, why are you really here? If you've come here to test my patience now wouldn't be the best time to do it." Katelyn scowled, she saw Zane slightly scoot away from her, eye-widening, fear clear on his face; she had let her anger get the best of her again.

She let out a sigh, leaning away from him her mouth forming into a frown. "Sorry, I'm just really stressed out right now, and I'm not in the mood to deal with anyone really right now." Katelyn apologized looking away from. "Yeah, I heard what happened to Travis, it's kinda the reason I brought the two cups of coffee with me cause I heard you'd be here," Zane said.

Katelyn let out a huff. "So pretty much everyone knows?" Zane nodded. "Yep," The room yet again went quiet.

"So, you never answered my question, why exactly are you here?" Katelyn inquired, finally looking over at Zane. "I need to refill my inhaler," Katelyn looked towards him, quirking an eyebrow. "You need an inhaler?" He nodded. "I need one to survive," Zane answered.

Katelyn nodded and the room once again was filled with silence no one bothering to fill it. "So how are you and Kawaii~Chan doing?" Katelyn inquired, he looked away lips curling into a frown. "I'm not sure, I haven't talked to her after what she did to Travis, I assumed she locked herself up in her house since I haven't seen her since," Zane answered, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Good," Katelyn spoke. "she should be glad she's not locked up after what she did to Travis." She added, and Zane merely nodded.

A door near the front desk opened, a woman wearing a uniform stepped out, holding a clipboard against her side. "Excuse me, is someone here named Katelyn here?" Katelyn stood up, a nervous smile on her face. "That's me," The woman- who she assumed was a nurse- gave her a reassuring smile back.

"Well, then I'll need you to follow me, dear," Katelyn gave the woman a simple nod waving goodbye to Zane and grabbing her cup of coffee, eventually, spotting a trashcan to throw it away in. She couldn't bring it into the hospital room.

As she walked down the hospital's hallways her mind wondered. Where were his parents? Were they coming to visit or was it just her? It probably would be just her, and if not just her then maybe her friends too. Soon enough the two of them stopped in front of a door, it was labeled '317'.

"This is the room Travis Valkrum is in," Katelyn nodded and looked back at the nurse. She had chocolate brown eyes with dark blonde hair, she had a comforting aura to her. The nurse gave her a comforting smile, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Trust me, I've seen things like this happen many times before, he'll be okay." Katelyn gave her a small smile, but it faded when she walked into the room.

There Travis laid upon the hospital bed, in a hospital gown with wires hooked up to him, enough wires that it made Katelyn feel nauseous. Katelyn found herself a seat next to him, the room was filled with a tense silence and it was just her and Travis, no one else the nurse had left to go do better things. 

Travis, looked pale, not deathly pale but pale enough that the color on his face was the most prominent thing there. Katelyn didn't like seeing him that paled. For once in her life she wished to hear him ramble on about romance novels, or other things, she didn't know how much she'd miss his voice when it was gone. 

She carefully grabbed his hand lifting it up slightly. Just like in the fairy tales he talked about, she thought, however, this time there might not be a happy ending. Katelyn kissed his hand, that was the least she could do, even if it is kinda like the romantic novel's he talked about at least he'd have someone there for him since no one else was.

Katelyn fell asleep to the unsettling beeping of the heart monitor, hoping to wake up to a happier day than the one she had now.