Awards (7)

Ellas POV:

Brady and I make our way to the stage, and meet up with the rest of the team. As we walk out onto the stage and sit down, I spot Miss Abby in the audience, shes on her phone, she doesn't seem to be paying attention. I look out into the audience and see so many people, did this many people really watch me dance??!

Bradys POV:

As we're sitting on stage, I see Ella looking around in the audience, she looked nervous, just as I leaned over, about to talk to her, the announcer started talking.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, let's get started on our awards." The announcer says as she motions to the table at the back of the stage filled with trophies and medals. "For our 10-14 junior duo-trios, 3rd place goes to Sarah, Liliana and Pressley with 'The Favorite'"

I look over at Ella and she looks really nervous. I reach over and grab her hand, she squeezes me hand tightly as she lowers her head.

"Second place goes to Gianina, Hannah and Savanah with 'Dance with the Devil'" Ella squeezes my hand tighter, making her fingers turn white as she looks up at GiaNina accepting the second place award.

"And the first overall junior duo-trio goes too...."

I look out into the audience and see Miss Abby cross her fingers.

"Isabella and Brady with 'Beautiful Liar' Congratulations!!"

Ellas POV:

When the announcer called Brady and I's duet as first place, I couldn't help but jump up in joy! Brady also hops up and we hug each other before going over to the announcer and accepting our award. After we sit down I see Abby look over as us and give us a thumbs up!

"Alright, now to get into our highest scoring overall junior groups of the day. In third place, we have -random dance company-" We all clap as one of the team members of that dance company goes up to accept the award. "In second place we have -random dance company-." I look over at Brady and he is looking very nervous. I know if we don't win, Brady will blame himself for our loss. I reach over and grab his hand, he looks up at me and smiles, squeezing my hand.

"If we don't win, it is 100% Bradys fault, and I might have to reconsider the makeup of this team!"                                                                                                                                                                                     ~ Miss Abby

"Our first overall junior group of the day goes to... Number 183 'The Healer'!!!"

We all jump up and hug each other when our number was announced in first place. The announces hands me the trophy.

"And where do you guys dance?" The announcer asks

"ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY!!" We all shout into the microphone.

As we walk back to our seats, I hand the group trophy to Brady. Once the award 'ceremony' is finished, we head back to the dressing room. In the hallway outside of the dressing room, Brady pulls me aside and hugs me.

"Thank you" He whispers in my ear as he s hugging me.

"For what?" I say. "I didn't do anything."

"For comforting and believing in me," He says, slightly pulling away from the hug and meeting my gaze. I smile back at him

"Your welcome," I say, hugging him.

Bradys POV:

As we enter the dressing room, the moms cheer as we run in.

"Congratulations everyone!!!" Ann, Hannahs's mom says as we make our way over to our moms.

As we start to change out of our costumes, Miss Abby enters the dressing room. We all hold our breath as she slowly wheels into the dressing room, turning to face us.

"We won!" She says, sarcastically. We begin to cheer until we detect the tone she used. "You guys should be thrilled that you won, Brady, you screwed up the entire routine." Miss Abby says, looking me dead in the eye.

Ellas POV:

Miss Abby starts to yell at Brady. I see the look on his face, I hate seeing him like that.

"Um, Miss Abby..?" I say slightly lifting my hand. She turns and faces me. "We all messed up, so uh, I-I don't think its fair to just target one person," I say cautiously, not wanting to make Miss Abby mad. I look over at Brady, he mouths 'what are you doing?!' I turn back to face Abby.

"Okay," Abby says. I wait a bit, she doesn't say anything else to Brady.

"Good Job everyone, we got a clean sweep, I was very impressed with the duo and trios. Congratulations to you Brady and Isabella, for first place with your duo."

"Thank you." We both reply.

"Alright everyone, have a good afternoon" Miss Abby says "Gentle on the faces when removing your makeup" She adds while exiting the room. All the moms remain quiet, talking to one another, not addressing the group as a whole. I turn around and see Brady approaching me.

"What did you just do?!" He says with a shocked look on his face.

"I, stood up to Abby?" I reply.

"Thank you so much!" He says, hugging me. I hug him back.

We spend about half an hour getting changed out of our costumes. When everyone is ready to leave, we all head outside and get on the bus. Brady and I sit next to each other again. This time, we watch some Netflix. I rest my head on Brady's shoulder and he lays his head on top of mine. We eventually fall asleep. When I wake up, there is a camera in my face. I look over to the camera and realize everyone is looking at us while laughing and filming us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~So sorry is this chapter feels rushed, I started writing in this morning and got caught up in online school work! Finished this chapter right before I got in bed, so sorry if there are lots of mistakes, I'm very tired right now haha. Please leave some suggestions of what I should write about next in this story!
~ Gabby 💗😊