Chapter 1

Normani's POV:
I woke up from hearing my phone ring and seen it was my best friend Ryan calling. "Hello", I answered in a groggy voice. "Bitch I know you ain't sleep" she said loudly. I looked at my clock on my night stand and noticed it was 7:15. "Can you stop being so loud and I was taking a nap" I yawned "guess I overslept" I said. "Are you still going to this party with me? I really don't wanna go by self and it's been a while since you've been out" she said. I thought about it for a while and realized she was right. The salon has been keeping me busy and if I'm not there working I'm here sleep. I guess it wouldn't hurt to step out for a few hours. "What time does it start?" I asked. "9 so pick me up around 8:50. It's about 25 minutes away she said." Alright see you then" I said and hung up.

I laid down for about 5 more minutes until I decided to get ready. I walked into my closet looking for an outfit. I decided on a black lace body suit with some black shorts and my black Ugg slippers. Once I laid my outfit out I went and turned on the shower. I stepped in and washed up for about 20 minutes. Once I got out I made sure I was dry then put on my blue robe. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before I put on my Bath and Body Works A Thousand Wishes lotion and some deodorant.

I checked the time and seen it was exactly 8. I put on my clothes and shoes and went to my jewelry box picked out a charm bracelet and some diamond stud earrings. Then I put on some lashes and fixed my hair. I grabbed my my purse and keys and cut off all the lights in my room and headed out the door.

As I was locking up I seen the guy that lives across from me walking off the elevator. "Wassup Mani" he said. I waved and said, "hey Chris." He's really sweet and is always looking out for me although he be pushing it sometimes with the flirting sometimes, he a cool person. I got on the elevator and called Ryan to let her know I was on my way.

I walked out the building into the garage and hopped into my 2019 black Charger smiling. It was the first car that I purchased on my own so it will always be special to me.

I played 'You Tried It H*e' by City Girls and pulled off and started my way to Ryan's. As I was driving and getting lit.  I decided to stop at a gas station to get a few things.

I walked in straight to the candy aisle and grabbed a pack of gum and a king size Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme bar. As I was approaching the drinks I noticed there was a guy standing there. He was light-skin and tall wearing some white nike shorts with a blue shirt with white words on it and some white forces. His shirt really showed off his arms and tats. When he noticed me he asked "Am i in your way?" I shook my head no and smiled "no you're fine." And that he was. He returned the smile and got his drink and left. I grabbed a coke and went to checkout.

As soon as I got in line the lady in front of me started to argue with the cashier." Bitch what the fuck you mean it declined I just checked my balance stupid hoe. Do it again!" she yelled at him. Me and the guy from earlier looked at each other and started laughing a little. "Ma'am it did not go through, please step aside or I will have to contact the police" the cashier replied. "Call them I don't give a rats ass. Fuck it I'll leave. Go to hell you Indian bitch!" she yelled on the way out knocking some candy over. "You're dead baby daddy already there" he replied.

After 5 minutes of holding my laughter it was finally my turn. "5.92" he smiled. I went to grab my wallet but noticed I didn't have it. I turned around and seen it was beside the guy. I bent over to pick it up as fast as I could. "Sorry about that" I said slightly embarrassed.

When I was done I made it to Ryan's house 5 minutes later. I honked the horn and she came outside shortly after. "Okay best I see you" I told her. She had on jean shorts with a Gucci shirt and shoes. "I try I try. But look at you boo" she said. I rolled my eyes playfully and stuck my tongue out.