Chapter 18:

My hands were trembling slightly as I stare in front of the tiny mirror that is placed on Darry's wall.

My face has more makeup than usual, and I'm dressed up in a fancier outfit than my normal jeans and t-shirt.

Tonight's the night.

I will be leaving this house to go to dinner with Darry any minute now, and I'm insanely nervous.

I've never been on a date before.

I've never even been to a restaurant before.

So as I fan myself of with my quivering hands, I'm also trying to fly out of the room to avoid this new experience I'm not so sure about.

But when I step out of the room I've been hiding in, every bad thought flies out of my mind when I see Darry.

He's standing in the kitchen, fixing his tie when he looks around his shoulder to look at me.

My eyes widen at the sight of Darry in a suit.

It's completely different from what he normally wears, but I'm not complaining.

He turns around completely, his built body showing off more in the tight suit.

"Wow. I didn't know you owned a suit" I told him with a smile, "I didn't know you owned a dress" he says as he eyes me up and down.

My face heats red, "I stole it a while back" I tell him, and he chuckles.

"Are you ready?" he asks and I nod my head yes.

He smiles and walks towards the door, and I follow close behind him.

He walks over to his truck and opens the door for me, "thanks" I tell him as I get in.

He closes my door and walks around the front of the truck to get over to his side.

When he's in the front, not quite to his door yet, I lean over and honk the horn, his smiling face fading as the loud sound blares in his ears, a scared face taking over his visage for the slightest second.

I burst into a fit of laughter, and he walks over to his door, opening it, "real funny you" he says embarrassed as he starts the truck.

I couldn't answer him because of my laughing fit, and he just rolled his eyes at me, driving off.

Once I finally controlled my laughing I asked, "so, where are we going?" I ask, "this fancy restaurant in town" he says as we hit a bump.

***

When we arrived at the restaurant, Darry parked his truck in an empty parking space, and walked around the front of the truck to open the door for me.

"Thank you" I say while trying not to blush at the romantic movement.

My blush gives in when he reaches out a hand, I take it and he helps me down from the truck's step.

He leads the way to the entrance of the fancy restaurant, and opens the door for me.

I thank him again as I step in first, opening the second door for him with a cheesy smile.

He chuckles lightly walking through the door first as I follow behind him.

The hostesses greeted us with a smile as we walked to the counter.

"Hi, how may I help you?" he asks in a kind voice, "we have a reservation for 8:30" Darry says.

I blushed again, he even book a reservation for us ahead of time.

The guy nods his head and goes onto the computer, " Darrel Curtis?" he says, and Darry nods his head to the name.