Chapter 19:

My eyes widen.

"No" I tell him.

His eyes light up, and he didn't even have to say anything for me to know what he was going to say.

"Hell no" I tell him bluntly.

"I'll teach you, you will be fine!" he says encouraging me to drive us back home.

"It's dark out! I've never driven before! I don't have my licence! This is a recipe for disaster." I tell him as I cross my arms.

"Actually a recipe for disaster is you in the kitchen, but we survived that" he says chuckling, "shut up" I roll my eyes at him trying not to smile.

"Come on you will do great! I'll be right beside you the entire time" he says with a smile.

I contemplate, and stare at him for a few seconds, "if we die, it's your fault" I tell him as I walk past him towards the drivers seat.

"You need the keys!" he yells causing me to turn back and grab the keys from him, pretending I'm annoyed.

A smile grew on my face as I realized something while walking to the truck.

Before Darry could beat me to the passenger side, I rush past him and open the door for him, "laddies first" I tell him as I gesture to the door.

He chuckled, "you're funny" he says sarcastically as he gets into the passenger seat.

I close the door behind him and walk around the front, and jumped, almost screaming as a horn blares.

I could hear Darry laugh from inside the truck, I roll my eyes, trying to hide the smile sneaking it's way onto my face, "you're right, it is funny" he says as he chuckles.

"Yeah yeah, now teach me how to drive" I tell him looking around at all the buttons, feeling overwhelmed.

"Okay, first lesson is to buckle up" he says.

I quickly buckle up.

"Now what?" I ask, my breathing becoming shaky as I feel the nerves attack me.

"So you're going to put this key into here" he says pointing at one of the keys on the key chain, and then to a key whole.

I take my shaky hand and do as he says, "now, put your foot on the brake" he says.

I look at him confused, "theres two pedals, which one is it?" I ask confused.

His smiling face fades a bit before answering, "the left one" he says.

I nod my head, and place my foot on the left pedal, "now twist the key to start it" he says.

I twist the key and feel the truck rumble underneath me as it starts.

My eyes widen as I get closer to the actual driving part, "ok keep your foot on the break, and put it in reverse" he says.

"How do I do that?" I ask, he leans over and points to a long stick type thing thats attached to the steering wheel, "pull it down till the R lights up on the screen in front of you" he says leaning back into his seat.

I does as he says, and pull the lever down till a tiny R glows up.

"It's a pretty empty parking lot, so this should be no problem" he says looking around.

"Now release the break, and keep it hovered over it and turn the steering wheel right" he says slowly.

I nod my head, doing as he says.

I slowly take my foot off the break, feeling the vehicle move slightly, before I step on the break again.

"I can't" I tell him as my heart pounds in my chest, "yes you can, you don't even have to look behind you, I will tell you when to stop and go" he says in a calming voice.