Imagine 6

2000 reads? That's nuts. Thanks to everyone, especially thanks to the people who read this far, because I know my imagines aren't that great. But man, 2000 is amazing. :)

_____________

"I think we should break up!"

It's been a good minute since Kakashi heard Y/n say it and the sentence is still echoing around in his head. He was seated beside her on the couch, when his girlfriend just randomly said it. Did he hear right? Was this a joke? Last time he checked, their relationship went pretty good. They regularly went on dates, spent almost every night with each other and rarely fight. If they fight, it's about something stupid, like what restaurant to go to. So where did this come from?

They used to work together as anbu black ops, which also meant that the kunoichi had a hard time showing the little emotions she had. Over the years they grew closer and Kakashi managed to teach her how to express her feelings. It did take a long time though.

For example one time he made a, in his opinion very good joke, and instead of laughing Y/n looked him dead in the eye and said: "Funny". Kakashi then had to explain to her that, yes it was indeed a very funny joke, but no, that's not how you react to a joke. Eventually Kakashi managed to get through to Y/n and shortly after they started dating, which Kakashi did NOT believe could be so hard. First time he tried to hug his new girlfriend from behind, Kakashi ended up with two cracked rips and an eternal fear of being behind Y/n. He started acting like she was a horse, trying not to walk by behind her and if he had to he did his best to keep his distance.

After a while though Y/n learned that if someone is hugging her from behind in her own apartment, it's most likely not an enemy shinobi and Kakashi learned, that him being scared of his girlfriend gives her a lot of material to tease him about.

From month to month they understood each other better and till now Kakashi thought that this could be a long term thing. He even prepared himself to ask Y/n if she wanted to move in with him. So why for the love of god did she want to destroy their relationship like that?

What Kakashi didn't know was that for Y/n, there wasn't any particular problem either. In fact, she thought the relationship was going surprisingly good, too good. Over the last few months the young woman started the feel something she wasn't used to.

"Did you hear me, Kakashi?" y/n asked, looking directly into his visible eye. How could she still look so innocent? Kakashi asked himself.

"Yes, but...why? Did I do something?" Kakashi answered sheepishly. He stretched out his hand to take Y/n's, which she didn't seem to mind. The kunoichi even put her other hand on his, confusing Kakashi even more.

"No, not at all. I like you Kakashi, I really do, but lately it just feels so weird when I'm around you." The young shinobi confessed.

"What do you mean?" An at this point very confused Kakashi asked.

"Well, I don't know. It's just whenever I'm around you I get this weird feeling in my stomach and when you leave it turns into this feeling of being lost. I don't like it. And...and when you touch me somewhere it feels like my skin is on fire. At first I thought I was ill, but then I observed it more closely and it seems to be you. I'm sorry Kakashi." Y/n tried to explain and was met with a hysterically laughing Kakashi. Did...did she break him? Now it was her turn to be confused. "Kakashi?" The young shinobi asked concerned.

"You're killing me here, you know that?" Kakashi asked still laughing.

"Should...should I call a doctor?" Y/n looked at Kakashi with concern.

"No, no I'm alright. So let me get this straight. You're breaking up with me because you fell in love with me?" The man in front of Y/n asked her.

"I what?"

"Y/n, what you're describing is love, which normally is the reason people start a relationship. I loved you when I asked you out." Kakashi said with a big grin, looking at his very confused girlfriend. "Wait a minute..." he continued dropping his smile "does that mean you didn't have feelings for me when we first started seeing each other?"

"What?" Y/n asked again.

"Love, Y/n. I told you about it when we started dating. The butterflies in your stomach and that stuff."

"Oh." Y/n looked a little embarrassed for not recognizing it earlier. All that drama for nothing. Oh god, Kakashi will never let her forget this. At least she didn't have to avoid him now. Y/n didn't like the idea anyways.

Later that day the couple was sitting on Kakashi's couch, with both of them reading a book. Suddenly Kakashi looked up and directly at Y/n.

"Sooo...when did these feelings start anyway?" He asked.

"Uhm...like two months ago."

Kakashi sat up straight. "We've been dating for seven months, Y/n!" Kakashi exclaimed. "Why did you go out with me in the first place, when you didn't have feelings for me back then?"

"I didn't want to be rude." Y/n answered innocently.

"Yeah, but..." Kakashi sighed. "Never mind it doesn't matter anymore." Kakashi said and put his arm around Y/n's shoulder. "Any other feelings you got recently, you wanna tell me about?"

Y/n thought for a moment. "No I don't think so." She answered and rested her head on Kakashi's shoulder, but shot up shortly after. "Oh wait. I've been feeling kinda ill in the morning. Most times it's so bad I have to throw up."

Kakashi looked at her in shock. "What?"

"I'm kidding, Kakashi." Y/n started to laugh and let her body fall back against Kakashi's again. "I'm just quoting Kurenai." The kunoichi added, making Kakashi's eye go wide.

"WHAT!"