Ch8

The rest of the weekend was pretty boring. Jimin had asked to hang out with me on Sunday but I felt like staying home. I stayed in bed all Sunday afternoon, still a little shaken up of what happened with Jin. I never felt so hurt before, then again it's usually me doing all the hurting. I was deep into looking through my phone when my mom lightly knocked on the door. "Sweetie, do you want to get something to eat? You've been in your room all day."

I pulled the covers over my head and mumbled, "No."

Like the mom she is, she came into my room and sat on the edge of the bed. "What's going on? You've been feeling down since you came home yesterday from detention. Did something happen?" she pulled my covers down to reveal my face.

I sighed and sat up. "Mom..." I wasn't sure how to even begin this kind of conversation. "Were you ever attracted to your teacher?"

"Oh, yeah. It was a year before I met your dad. He was my math teacher, I passed the class because of his looks and his lessons. Oh, he was so handsome, I think he was the first guy I actually liked. Now that I think about it he wasn't that much older than me, we were six years apart."

"Did it ever amount up to anything?"

"You mean, did we ever do anything? I would be lying if I said there was no connection between us. He would stay after school all night with me to help me with my homework. Eventually we both caught feelings for each other." she paused to reminisce her past and slightly smiled. "And that was it."

I looked at her wide eyed. "What do you mean, that's it? What happened? Did you date?"

"Let me put it this way. If he wasn't my teacher...you wouldn't be here right now."

"Oh, mom. You guys fell in love?"

"Yeah. The only time we ever had together was after school, we didn't want to risk being caught together outside of school. Eventually we both agreed that we shouldn't continue, and then I met your dad. He soon left to another teaching job and after dating your dad for some time, I became pregnant with you."

I tilted my head and nodded. I give credit to my mom. She fell in love with someone and because of their situation, they moved on from it as adults. "Thank you for telling me that, mom."

"No problem. Why were you asking anyway?" she then gasped excitedly. "Do you have a crush on your teacher?" she teasingly said and started poking me.

I scoffed. "What? No. No." my mom looked at me as if she can see right through my lies. "Alright, fine. I don't really like him. I just think he's very attractive, and he's not that much older than me. I thought there was some kind of connection between us but during detention." I sighed. "It was like he was a different person. He was so cold to me. He said some things to me that kind of hurt so I'm just trying to get over it. I'll be okay though."

"That's my girl! Oh, by the way, speaking of your dad...he called today." 

I pursed my lips and looked away. In a monotone voice I said, "What did he want."

"He's really trying, honey. I've forgiven him for leaving us when you were a kid, can't you?"

"No!" I pulled my covers completely off and walked to my closet. "He has no right to try and be a part of my life now. The times I'm forced to see him should be enough for him. He lost his chance to be a dad when he left us. Whatever he wants, just tell him I don't want to see him." I changed out of my pajamas and put on a loose fitting shirt and sweats. "Let's go eat, I'm hungry."

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my bedroom leaving my mom. She kept her eyes on me on my way out and I could tell she was disappointed by my answer but she gave me a sad smile by understanding. She got up from my bed and walked in the kitchen to grab her keys. 

Whenever it comes to the topic of talking about my dad, I don't want to hear any of it. He left my mom when I was only five years old, the year before I met Jimin so he doesn't know what my dad looks like. He couldn't handle the pressure he felt from starting out as a teenage father, and never came home after going out with his friends. He later revealed to my mom that he moved to a different city with the help of one of his friends. I was too young to see my mom so heartbroken. I didn't know what it felt like but being so young and feeling the strong sadness towards my mom, it broke me. I never wanted her to feel so sad again. When my dad left, I never thought of him as my dad again. I stuck by her side and it was just the two of us. My ways may be troublesome but my mom raised me right.

Unfortunately, when I started at high school, my mom told me that my dad has been looking for us and wanted to make things right again. My mom has completely healed from the trauma and was willing to be civil with him. As soon as I heard he was trying to be a part of our lives again, I refused. But since I wasn't of legal age to make any decisions for myself, we had to make a court order for my dad to have some type of visitation rights. I fought to choose when I wanted to see him and he would have to accept it. He accepted my terms and now we only see each other when I really have no choice but to see him. But I still don't consider him my dad. So when my mom talks about him and I state my opinion, she lets me blow off some steam and we forget about it soon after.

Things were back to normal as soon as she walked in the drivers seat and turned on the car. For dinner we decided on Italian food and went to a little local restaurant. It was a little busy so we got sat a table for four even though it was just the two of us. After ordering our food we had some conversation.

"So do you have detention next weekend?" my mom asked.

"I'm not sure. We'll see if he gives me more detention this weekend." I propped my elbow on the table and put my hand under my chin and looked out the window. 

Then I heard a voice that I would recognize anywhere. It sounded softer and happier but it was definitely him and I felt my anger boil up.

"Hello, Miss Y/n."