Ch40

My mind and body were numb.

Everything that just happened I hoped it wasn't true and this was just a nightmare I still needed to wake up from. This is reality that I wouldn't be able to escape. 

"Y/n?" Jimin softly called me, taking me away from my thoughts. We sat in his car in the school parking lot. Before he drove away he wanted to make sure my mind is in the right place. "Do you want to talk?"

While he was taking me to the car there was nothing he could do to calm me down from crying. He let me cry my eyes out while he sat next to me in the drivers seat, patiently waiting. I eventually calmed down and I was only sniffling now. 

"We got caught, Jimin." I whispered.

"How? You two were so careful, and I didn't say anything to anyone."

"I don't know." I looked out the window and noticed red and blue lights, followed by the sound of sirens making their way to the school. "I'm going to find out though."

Jimin wanted to take me home before Jin comes out with the police, but I refused to go until I saw him. Despite what Jin just did to my dad, I still love him. The amount of love I have felt and given these last few months will never go away. It's always going to be Jin. And this will just be another obstacle we'll have to go through. 

The ambulance brought out my dad on a gurney, and he was gaining consciousness. Not too long after, the police brought out Jin. His hands were cuffed behind him, and he hung his head down. I couldn't help but get out of the car.

"Y/n, wait." Jimin called out for me but I didn't listen. 

I took off my heels and picked up my dress so I could walk faster to him. 

"Jin!" I softly yelled out. He looked up and saw me. The tears we were both trying to contain were coming down again. "Please, officer. Can I talk to him for a minute?"

"I'm sorry." the officer said. He tried to walk forward but I stood in the way. "Please, ma'am. This isn't something you want to get involved in."

I spread my arms out and stood my ground. "I'm already involved."

"Y/n." Jin said making me turn my gaze to him. He softly smiled at me. "It's okay. Let them take me."

I was never one to listen when Jin told me to do anything I didn't want to do, but this time, I listened. I looked at Jin, who was giving me a reassuring smile, like he was trying to be strong for the both of us because he knows I wouldn't be able to handle this. I slowly put my arms down and stepped to the side. The officer brought Jin to the car and I followed closely behind. He looked at me through the window and put his forehead against it. I walked up to window and placed my hand on it, also resting my forehead against it. The officer got into the car and Jin mouthed 'I love you' before he was driven away. 

I watched the car leave campus and Jimin came up behind me. I cried so much earlier that when I watched Jin leave, it was like my body shut down and I didn't feel any more emotions. The tears would fall but I couldn't sob anymore. 

"Come on," Jimin gently said. "We have to go the hospital." He put his arm around and led me back to his car. 

Finally feeling more composed, Jimin started the drive to the hospital. Silence filled the car as we both didn't know what to talk about. 

"So," I finally started. "Were you shocked to find out Headmaster Lee is actually my dad?"

Jimin cleared his throat. "Yeah, actually. We all were. I can see now why you didn't tell me who he was."

"I didn't want anyone at school thinking I was getting special treatment, even though technically I was. I was so mad at him for all of these years that I never really considered him my dad. It was only recently that we started mending our relationship and I fear that all of that is gone now."