Prologue(ish): Characters

Hi everyone!

Thanks for clicking on Dancing Through Life. I hope you enjoy reading it just as much as I've enjoyed writing it so far. Here's a little background on each of the characters (in case you need/want it) before we get going with the book!

HAILEY ROCKWELL
AGE  - 10
BEST DANCE STYLE - Lyrical/contemporary
PERSONALITY - Hailey's the new girl, meaning she doesn't know a lot about the ALDC or any of the people there. She eats, sleeps, and breathes dance and is basically in the studio whenever she can be. Still, she tries to be a kid as much as possible and is very kind, never purposefully putting anyone down.

CHLOE LUKASIAK
AGE - 10
BEST DANCE STYLE - Contemporary/ballet
PERSONALITY - Abby is very tough on Chloe, sometimes to the point where it feels like she's just being mean for the sake of it, but somehow, Chloe doesn't let it get to her and is able to put on a brave face most of the time. She's a sweet, considerate girl with a bright future.

PAIGE HYLAND
AGE - 10
BEST DANCE STYLE - Acro/jazz
PERSONALITY - Paige's stage presence is unmatched and her personality is even better. She is viewed as one of the weaker dancers on the team by Abby, but that doesn't stop her from working hard and performing to the best of her ability.

MADDIE ZIEGLER
AGE - 9
BEST DANCE STYLE - Lyrical/tap
PERSONALITY - Maddie is Abby's favorite dancer, but that doesn't mean that she thinks that she's above everyone else. She views herself as an equal with the other girls (as she should) and tries to be a normal kid, despite all the pressure Abby and her mother, Melissa, put on her.

KENDALL VERTES
AGE - 8 1/2
BEST DANCE STYLE - jazz
PERSONALITY - Kendall is also a new girl, alongside Hailey, and is a sweet, sensitive kid. She sometimes gets overly emotional, but that's only because she feels the pressure to win and lets it get to her mentally.

OTHER CHARACTERS:
Nia Sioux - Hailey's friend/another dancer at the ALDC
Mackenzie Ziegler - Maddie's sister/ALDC dancer
Brooke Hyland - Paige's sister/ALDC dancer
Jennifer Rockwell - Hailey's mom
Christi Lukasiak - Chloe's mom
Kelly Hyland - Brooke and Paige's mom
Melissa Ziegler - Maddie and Mackenzie's mom
Jill Vertes - Kendall's mom
Abby Lee Miller - Dance teacher/owner of the ALDC
Cathy Nesbitt-Stein - Dance teacher/owner of the Candy Apples

(Note: There will, of course, be other characters, but they're super minor.)

The timeline and the things that everyone says may not be exactly accurate but I hope it works out! I will try as hard as I can to keep everything in order but no promises haha

I hope you enjoy following Hailey's story as much as I have. Happy reading!
- Ainsley