Chapter 8: Solo Week!

A/N: hi, here's your lazy writer coming to you with why she skipped the fifth episode: because i wanted to write about SOLO WEEK! ahh i love these episodes :) especially this one because of jill and her iconic cowboy hat wearing jazz shoe throwing rampage. also i didn't wanna write the episode where they did the "over and over" dance cause tbh i don't really like that one lmao. ty for reading!! <3

The next week, Monday, Christi drove both Chloe and I to the dance studio after school since my mom had to take Haven to a doctors appointment (don't worry - just a checkup!). We linked arms and skipped into the studio together.

Miss Abby raised her eyes from her paper. "Hello, you two. Where are your mothers?" She asked.

"My mom's right outside." Chloe smiled.

"My mom's gonna be a little late today. She had to take Haven to a doctor's appointment." I explained.

"Ah. Okay, then. Start warming up, then!" Abby said, returning her eyes to the paperwork on her desk.

We walked to the den together, seeing Paige and Payton already in there. Paige waved cheerfully. "Hey, guys!" She smiled.

"Hi!" I said, setting my stuff down beside her. Chloe did the same, linking her pinkie finger with Paige's.

Nia walked in the room. "Hey!" She said, skipping over to us. "Guess what?"

"What?" I asked, giggling.

"Miss Abby told me this week, everyone has a solo! No group dance! Solo week!" She cheered.

"Like last season!" Paige grinned.

"Oh, yeah, when I did "Mother"! Not my favorite solo, but it was still a fun week." Chloe smiled.

"I wonder what styles we'll all do." I said thoughtfully.

Nia shrugged. "I don't know. Miss Abby usually gives us a lot of the same style. Except me. I'm pretty much a wild card."

"Yeah. Like, I usually do acro, Maddie does lyrical, Chloe does contemporary and musical theater...you'll probably do lyrical, if I had to guess." Paige explained.

I nodded. Lyrical was the style I was best at, mainly because at my old studio, they prided themselves on their technique and basically made sure that all the kids were good in that aspect of dance (I took tons of ballet classes). I was also pretty good at jazz, because I liked the high energy music. It made me want to dance.

Maddie opened the door of the den, Mackenzie following behind her. She ran over to us. "Guess what?" She exclaimed.

"We know, it's solo week." Chloe giggled.

"Oh. Sorry, I'm just really excited!" Maddie said, plopping down next to me.

"Me too! I can't wait to see what our dances are." Nia grinned.

Kendall burst inside of the dressing room and set her stuff down. "Guys, I heard that-"

"We're all doing solos at the competition?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and smiling.

Kendall nodded. "Yeah! I'm so excited!"

"Me too!" Chloe said.

"Girls!" We heard from the other side of the door. Abby. "Get in here! Time for the pyramid!"

(A/N: for this next part please pretend that i didn't skip an entire episode. this'll be the pyramid from the episode after the "what comes around" episode since that's the last one i wrote. please forgive me, i'm a terrible writer lol)

We entered studio A in a single file line. Our moms stood along the wall and Abby was in front of the mirror, the infamous white squares of paper set in a triangle shape behind her. I stood between Kendall and Paige, waiting for Abby to start talking.