Chapter 6: Costume Fittings

I walked into the studio at about 4:00 the next day, feeling extremely tired, even with the full amount of sleep that I got last night. I wondered if Miss Abby would be as hard on everyone today as she was yesterday.

I walked through the front door and waved at Abby. "Hi, Miss Abby!" I smiled.

Abby returned my smile. "Hello! We're starting with costume fittings today. Just wait in the den until Gianna and I get in there with your costumes."

I skipped to the den, only seeing Maddie and Mackenzie. Guess I'm early today, I thought to myself.

"Hey, Mads!" I smiled.

Mackenzie was cartwheeling around the room, as usual. Maddie was on the floor in a middle split, trying to make a bun on her head at the same time. "Hey!" She said.

"Um. How do costume fittings work around here?" I asked, slipping my t-shirt off, revealing my dancewear.

"They don't actually matter that much. Usually the producers only make us do fittings for costumes because the costumes are inappropriate somehow. Like last year, whenever we did "Electricity", we had to wear these turquoise and black costumes that were like, super overly dramatic and crazy and our moms hated them, which is why the camera guys filmed the costume fitting." Maddie explained as she finished her bun.

I nodded, struggling to get my tan jazz shoes on. Note to self: get a new pair later.

The door opened and we were greeted by Nia skipping inside with Paige trailing behind her. "Hey!" Nia said with a huge smile on her face. She struck up a conversation with Maddie, and I reached into my bag, pulling my lucky scrunchie out and wrapping it around my hair.

After a few minutes, Chloe entered, looking slightly stressed. Her hair was knotty and she wasn't wearing any makeup (we wouldn't wear makeup outside the studio, or at least I wouldn't, but the show requires us to wear AT LEAST foundation, blush, and mascara). (A/N: i didn't research this rule, i made it up lol, please don't fact check me on this one!! lmao)

"Hey, Chlo." Maddie waved at her and grinned.

Chloe offered her a small smile and a wave before sitting on the bench next to me. "I didn't sleep at all last night." She said in a soft voice.

I pulled a hairbrush out of my dance bag. "Turn around. I'm gonna do your hair before the camera people get here, okay?"

Chloe nodded and turned around to where I was sitting behind her. I began brushing the tangles out of her hair.

Paige looked around at us. "So what do you guys think the costumes are gonna look like?"

"I don't know. Since it's about a school, it could be anything." Nia shrugged.

"Maybe uniforms? Like, skirts and polos and stuff like that." Chloe offered as I pulled some rubber bands and bobby pins out of my bag.

"Maybe. Or maybe it'll just be, like, what we wear to school most of the time." Maddie shrugged and gestured to a pink, orange and yellow sundress from Target that was hanging on a hook in one of the cubbies.

I nodded, assuming that it was probably what she had worn to school today. I wouldn't know - Maddie, Kendall and Mackenzie went to one of the public schools in the area, and Paige, Chloe and I went to the other one. Nia went to the private school that her mom taught at, and Brooke and Payton didn't go to either of them, since they were both in high school.

Finally, Kendall walked through the door, just as I was putting the finishing touches on Chloe's hair. She sat by Maddie and started a conversation with her.