zoom meeting: art

at 11:11 am, zach wakes up groggily from his slumber. he checks his phone for the time and gets reminded of his conversation from just hours ago.

last night, zach couldn't fall asleep so he decided to scroll through instagram. he looked through photos he'd been tagged in which were mostly fan edits, then he scrolled through his explore page which contained more fan edits and designer clothing brands advertising their products. by the time he was done and bored, it was past midnight but still early enough for the boy to not be tired. so he went through his dm's and responded to fan messages. most of them were of fans telling him to stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic. he responded to most of the messages, just scrolling down the list. then he came across one, a girl who's account was not a fan account which was rare in his case. the stream of messages he saw contained weeks and weeks of links to zoom meetings. he was impressed by how long this girl kept her streak of sending zoom links every day. so he responded.

now he had to get ready and look decent for the zoom call he would be joining at 11:30. he didn't know why he felt excited to join one of his fans classes but he was. he just had to make sure he wasn't giving any personal information away in the background. then, he got on his computer and entered in the zoom code. a few minutes later, the class started.

katelyn was nervous to have zach in her art class. never did she think that zach would answer her dm's but just as she was ready to join the zoom meeting, a rush of adrenaline and excitement rushed through her veins. but what if zach didn't join? it's completely possible that he was just texting her but wouldn't keep to his word. this made her sad, but she still had to join the meeting.

the first thing katelyn did once she joined her virtual classroom was check for the name zach herron or zach in the list of classmates. she made sure she had her camera on and her name set to katelyn so zach would recognize her. once she found his name, her heart warmed and an excited smile stretched across her face.

zach smiled from the other side of her his computer when he recognized katelyn's name and watched her face go from focus to pure happiness. now he knew why he was joining his fan's class, completely for her joy.

for thirty minutes, zach and katelyn watched as her classmates presented their art projects to the rest of the class. zach mostly kept his microphone muted and his face off-screen but occasionally, he'd pop his face on screen for katelyn to see. he loved watching her smile as she sat in her poorly lit bedroom. zach could tell when katelyn was going to present next because her face got redder and redder. when she held up her portrait to the screen, zach's eyes lit up. her portrait was beautifully made colorful with paints. it was shadded almost perfectly. zach couldn't believe how good it was. he knew katelyn was watching him as she presented. he was glad to be there for her comfort. seeing her smile made his day worth it.