first kiss

"everyone shush!" jack yelled, quickly swallowing the ice cream he had in his mouth. "jon is calling!"

jonah quickly shut off the music and everyone straightened their behavior like jon was really in the room.

"hello?" jack said into the phone. he talked to jon on the phone in a very sad tone.
"so jon is coming to get us. he says we need to leave for vegas now."

everyone groaned.

"i guess i have to go home," katelyn frowned.

"i don't want you to leave," zach held her hand.

"i don't either."

"we can drive you home," zach offered.

katelyn almost burst out in laughter.
"having a giant tour bus show up to my house? i think the neighboors will look at me weird."

zach squeezed her hand. he hated the thought of leaving katelyn. it was heart wrenching for both of them.

"i'll call my dad." katelyn stepped outside the glass wall and called her dad. the boys helped clean up inside as much as they could. they all became closer that night. it was definetily a night to remember. all the boys got to know katelyn better and zach better. they definetily respected zach a lot more for leaving the concert to surprise his friend at her prom.

katelyn came back inside and said her goodbyes to all her new friends. she hugged each of the boys then went back outside to wait for her dad. everyone felt like they went through a loss. zach watched as she left. all the boys turned and stared at zach who almost had tears on his cheeks.

"don't tell me you're not in love with her," jonah said amongst the silence.

the room fell into quiet again.
zach took a second to think.
he was in love with her.

"c'mon," corbyn said, nodding his head towards the door.

"go get her," jack smiled.

zach looked through the glass wall and saw katelyn sitting alone in her elegant dress. his heart pounded inside his chest.

zach walked through the room, past all the boys and followed katelyn outside. all the boys watched from inside. katelyn was standing against the building fidgeting with the rings on her fingers. she was surprised to see zach standing next to her a few seconds later.

"this was the best night i've had in a long time. i'll never forget it," katelyn said softly.

zach's lips curled upwards. "this isn't over. don't forget, i bought you tickets to la in the summer."

"i thought you were joking!" katelyn laughed. "after this i thought for sure the plane tickets were just a distraction for the plan to surprise me at prom."

"you're special to me. i couldn't just see you once."

katelyn turned to look at zach but he beat her to it. they looked into each others eyes for a moment, enjoying all the distance that is now closed between them. the soft breeze swirled around them until the wind put its palms around the two lover's heads and pushed them together until their lips touched.

the four boys watched as it happened right in front of them. they gasped then cheered from inside. zach and katelyn laughed and pulled away from each other. they turned around to see all the boys jumping with excitement inside.

a few minutes later, katelyn's dad pulled into the parking lot. katelyn felt her heart drop. all she wanted right now was one more minute with zach.

"i guess this is goodbye," zach cried.

"not goodbye, just a see you later."

the two unlaced their fingers from another. katelyn stepped back and admired zach once more before leaving. but eventually, she had to go. she waved inside to jack, corbyn, daniel, and jonah one last time. she walked to her dad's car and got in on the passenger side, ruffling up her dress to fit.

"who are they?" her dad asked, looking at all the boys staring back at him.

"the one outside, he's my boyfriend."