after party-- why don't we style

after the dance, zach and katelyn went out to an ice cream shop. it was late, around 11:30. nobody else was in the shop but the worker saw that they just came from prom so he let the two sit in there for a while.

zach and katelyn were cuddled up with each other and their ice cream cups in a booth in the back of the store. they couldn't believe they were finally sitting next to each other. but it seemed like they had been together for years.
they were laughing and taking pictures and holding hands.

"i'm so glad i don't have to text you right now," katelyn said as she ate a spoonful of cookie dough ice cream.

"same," zach exaggerated.

"how was your show?"

zach shrugged. "it was good like normal. i get to see thousands of fans. i love it but i get to do it every night and i just surprised you," he laughed. "so how was your night? was your prom better than mine?"

"it was absolutely amazing.
thank you zachary.
and i even made a friend."

"oh really? i saw you sitting next to someone. who is she?"

"her name is abigail. we talked for most of the dance. i also got her phone number so she can send me all the pictures that she took of us. and don't worry. i won't post any of them."

"you have to send me some too."

"of course."

"so where is abigail now?"

"she said she was going to an after party."

"an after party? why aren't we at one?"

"i can't take you out in public. its too dangerous. and i have no friends, remember?"

"you have abigail."

"well she didn't invite me to her party!"

the two laughed and finished their ice creams.

"lets have our own after party."

"what do you mean?"

"i'll call the boys. i'm sure they'll want to come. an after party-- why don't we style."

zach pulled out his phone. he checked the time and quickly sat up in his seat.

"shoot."

"what?"

"i was supposed to be back at the venue at midnight. its 11:53."

"zach!"

"hold on, i can fix this."
zach dialed a number and put his phone up to his ear.
"jon? hey, i know its late. i'm sorry-- i know, i know-- please can i stay a little longer-- this fan is really special-- please?-- it takes less than a day to get to vegas and we have free day tomorrow, we can drive then!-- please jon. please.-- thank you thank you thank you!-- alright. bye."

"so?" katelyn was very confused.

"wait, wait," zach said. he made another phone call. "hey, corbyn-- yeah i'm with her now-- it was great--i wanna throw an after party for her.-- i got jon to let us leave tomorrow-- can you get the rest of the boys?-- yeah you can tell them-- i'll text you the address-- okay-- bye!"
zach took a deep breath.
"so jon is letting us leave for the next show tomorrow and the boys are on their way!"

"yay!" katelyn cheered.

zach and katelyn waited for the boys to the ice cream by eating more candy. the guy didn't want to be working there until zach offered to pay he guy $100 tip. then he was offering ice cream and candy at any second.

a half hour later, four excited boys stormed through the door. they came in shouting and jumping and hyping up the mood. katelyn stood up, excited to meet zach's four best friends and her previous idols. they still are her idols, but are more like friends now.

"so you're katelyn," jack said, looking at the only girl in the room. katelyn awkwardly smiled and cutrtsied in her dress.

the interaction was awkward for zach. katelyn could basically feel zach's face getting red as she met all of his friends.

"you look stunning," jonah complimented.

"thank you," katelyn smiled. katelyn remembered jonah's comment under her instagram post, but she was over it and wanted to make friends.

"you're welcome for getting zach out of the venue without being seen," corbyn smiled. "i hope it was worth it."

"oh, it was definetily worth it." katelyn hugged zach.

the last person katelyn had left to meet was daniel. "so you're the one that stole zach's phone."

"uhh, yeah," daniel said with a sigh. "i'm sorry for causing all of our fans to hate on you."

"its okay. to be honest, if you hadn't i don't think we'd be here today. you just gave zach another reason to keep talking to me."

daniel smiled. "i just want to put that behind us. can we be friends?"

"absolutely." daniel reached in to give katelyn a hug. she reciprocated the gesture.

"alright! let's party!" corbyn shouted while holding up his ice cream cone. everyone cheered and they started their own after party.

katelyn and zach and an amazing prom night and a lot of private instagram stories went up that night.