will you go to prom with me?

in the city of san francisco, katelyn was at her house dressing herself for her senior prom. she got in her gorgeous cream colored dress that zach helped her pick out, then she put on her makeup as her mom help her curl her hair beautifully around her shoulders.
when she was ready to leave for the dance, she put on her matching gold heels. her parents of course wanted pictures before she left so they made her stand in front of the glass front door and pose. she was sad to be the only one in the pictures. she thought of zach. she knew he was in her city, so close to her but so far. in this moment she wished he was there with him, just to stand by her.

but zach was busy doing his own thing.
he was getting ready for his show later that night. he had rehearsed many times and got his costume changes all ready. at this time, all the boys were backstage messing around until their limelight meet and greet in an hour. zach didn't join his band mates in all the games they were doing pre-show. instead, he was talking to jon, the boy's tour manager, and  corbyn about his plan.

"i need to make sure i can leave right after the show," zach said, not asking for permission.

"why?" jon asked.

"i want to surprise a fan after the show. she couldn't make it to show but she's a special fan." zach couldn't tell jon where he was going. it was a safety risk and he didn't want jon to stop him.

corbyn was intrigued. he ran through his head all the possibilities of where he could be going, and then it hit him.

"can you just make sure this gets to my dressing room before the show ends and have an uber ready for me right after the show? i'll need to leave right after the concert," zach said, pointing to a tuxedo hanging on a clothing rack.

jon was very confused.

"just-- trust me," zach begged to jon.

jon sighed. "fine. but you have to be back by midnight. we have to be back on the road until then. you better stay safe or we'll both be in trouble."

"thank you," zach jumped with joy. he ran off to go back to his dressing room but corbyn caught onto his shoulder.

"where are you going?" corbyn asked.

"i can't tell you."

zach tried to leave but corbyn wouldn't budge. "what fan are you surprising dressed in a tuxedo?"

"one who's going to prom."

"what?"

zach sighed.
"its katelyn's senior prom tonight. she would be coming to our show tonight to meet me but she wanted to go to prom. so i'm going to surprise her at her prom after the show."

"how long have you been planning this?"

"a few weeks," zach grinned. "you can't tell any of the boys. especially daniel. i don't think katelyn likes him very much."

"fine. but i want prom pics."

"sure," zach agreed. then he left corbyn and went to his dressing room to get ready for the show.

katelyn had arrived at the dance. she felt awkward walking in alone but she didn't let it show. she went inside and was suddenly hit with loud music filling the room and strobe lights blinding her eyes. she found a spot near the wall to sit and watch people as they danced. everyone was dressed so nicely. it was fun to watch everyone else but it felt very lonely.