SEONGTAE - FERRIS WHEEL

[taeyoung has a basketball game, and he really wants seongmin to watch. but seongmin was busy with something else and arrives late.]

"serim hyung!" taeyoung runs toward serim, sweat dripping from his hair. "are you going to watch the game later?"

"of course i am going to. all of us will be there." serim smiles, handing the panting kid a dry towel. "what time does it start?"

"at 4pm. make sure everyone comes, okay?"

"i'm sure they'll come. now go, continue practicing. i'll go look for the others."

serim pats taeyoung's shoulder and the younger nods, starting his run again. serim then takes his phone out to text the others.

seongmin was focused and concentrated on playing his video game, making sure he doesn't lose the level again, when his phone suddenly rings.

he glances at the phone, seeing serim's contact number on the screen. he returned his eyes to the screen, focusing on the game again, but his phone rang again.

seongmin groans in frustration when the words "game over" flash on the tv screen, followed by "you lost".

he runs his fingers through his hair, picking up his phone to answer serim's call.

"why didn't you answer my first call?" serim asks, right after seongmin clicks the green button.

"i was playing, hyung. sorry."

seongmin hears serim sigh on the other line. "you better stop playing that game and get ready now. taeyoung's game starts at four."

"wait, his game is today? isn't it supposed to be on april 1?"

"it is april 1, ahn seongmin."

"oh," he awkwardly laughs. "pick me up later, hyung? i still haven't ate lunch."

"what?! it's already one!"

"i'm sorry, hyung! i didn't notice the time. i'll go eat now, bye bye~"

"you better be ready when i get there-"

"yes, yes~"

then he presses the red button on the screen, ending the call. not a minute later, seongmin received a notification. it was a text message from taeyoung.

'you're going to watch my game later, right?', the text message said.

'yes~ good luck!' seongmin types. he pauses for a second, staring at the heart emoji, hesitating if he should add it. but he shakes his head and clicks send without the emoji. he thought that taeyoung would find it weird if he added the emoji on his message.

for the past days, seongmin and taeyoung have been a bit awkward with each other, after taeyoung accidentally saw something on seongmin's notes.

seongmin has a habit of writing down his thoughts on the notes app and forgetting to move it to his secret folder.

the night before that happened, he couldn't stop thinking about taeyoung, after he saw him play basketball with his team. he didn't want to talk about it with the others, he didn't want them to know that he was crushing on taeyoung, so he just wrote it down.

they came over seongmin's house the next day. while they were having fun, taeyoung suddenly asks seongmin if he can borrow his phone because his battery was dead and still charging. seongmin, busy with his video game, just said yes without processing the question.

the first thing taeyoung saw when he opened seongmin's phone was the long paragraph he wrote last night. flustered about what he saw, he just returned the phone to seongmin, telling him that his phone is okay now.