MINHEE - CONFESSION

[you have liked minhee for a while now, but you have no clue if he feels the same for you, until one day, you hangout with them.]

it was a sunday and none of the starship artists had a schedule. so, the maknaes of the rookie groups decided to hangout.

"is minhee going to be there?" you ask, and kahyeon just shakes her head at you.

"don't be too obvious."

"i'm not!"

"actually, you are-"

"stop, stop. just forget that i asked you that."

kahyeon just laughs at you. the both of you continued to walk to the practice room where you and the cravity maknaes decided to meet.

your group and cravity were pretty close, though your managers were against it. but none of them could control any of you. anyway, you all said that it's just pure friendship and nothing else. it was obviously a joke, but your managers believed anyway.

"we're here!" kahyeon opens the door, and the noise enters your ears.

seongmin, taeyoung, hyeongjun and minhee were having their own noraebang, and they were really noisy. they didn't actually hear the both of you come in, until seongmin saw both of your reflections on the mirrors.

"they're here!" seongmin smiles widely.

"hi!" you wave at everyone, and everyone waves back, including minhee.

you already started scolding yourself in the head, telling yourself not to make it obvious and just act cool around minhee, like you always do.

"thankfully, the rooms are soundproofed. if they weren't, the noise would've reached the basement." you said as you sat down in between minhee and taeyoung.

"my throat hurts already." taeyoung pants, as if he just ran a marathon.

"were you screaming or singing?"

"maybe both?"

"let's do something else! we have a whole day to do nothing. our schedules are packed in the next few days." hyeongjun places down the mic and starts to think.

"why not a confession game?" seongmin suggests.

"you really think we'd confess something without anything in exchange?" minhee looks at seongmin, giving him that duh face.

"well, i ordered pizza, and whoever does confess will get to eat."

everyone looks at each other for a few seconds until minhee says something.

"okay, that seems like a fair deal."

everyone sits down on the floor forming a circle. you still sat in between taeyoung and minhee, and kahyeong was in front of you.

"remember that your confession must be about yourself or someone in this room. let's start with taeyoung." seongmin smiles at him.

"well, uh," he looks around, probably thinking. "i take seongmin's jackets because they smell good."

"really?"

taeyoung nods, his cheeks tinted light pink. then he turns his head to you, meaning that you were next.

you suddenly felt scared. kahyeon was already telling you 'no' through her eyes.

"um," you bit your lower lip. "i like someone here."

then there was silence. awkward silence. kahyeon shook her head while looking disappointed at you.

"well, who?" minhee asks.

"i won't tell until i find out who he likes. anyway, seongmin didn't say to specify the confessions."

"okay then it's my turn." minhee turns his head to kahyeon, and your heart was beating fast. "i like kahyeon."

then there was an awkward silence once again. this time, it was more silent. but for you, bass drums were playing inside your head and your chest was pounding.

it felt like your world had shattered. you didn't know what to feel exactly.

that was how you felt inside. outside, you looked cool and chill, pretending to look shocked like the rest.

"hyeongjun, your turn." minhee breaks the silence.

"o-oh, what?" hyeongjun stands up and smiles at everyone awkwardly. "i'll be back, gotta take a toilet break."

"me too." kahyeon stands up and walks out of the room with hyeongjun.

"i think the pizza has arrived already. taeyoung, let's go get it." seongmin and taeyoung then left the room too, and now it was just you and minhee, sitting in awkward silence.

"well, at least we get to eat pizza." you try to break the ice with a laugh, an awkward one.

"i know you didn't do that for the pizza. you really want to confess, but you're scared that he wouldn't like you back."

you made eye contact with minhee for a few seconds then you look away, feeling tense and anxious.

"do you really like kahyeon? you two would look really cute, but maybe not until our managers-"

"no, i don't like her."

you suddenly felt your heart pound once again. the bass drums made a comeback on your head.

"what? then why did you-"

"i like you."

you shot your head up to face minhee who was smiling softly at you. your heart skipped a beat.

"what?"

"do you really want me to repeat it?"

"n-no.."

"i like you, y/n."

"but why.. i don't understand?"

minhee laughs as he ruffles your hair. you felt your cheeks heat up as he scoots closer to you.

"you're so clueless. i actually thought we've been obvious all along." minhee smiles at you. "it's all a setup. i didn't know how to confess to you directly, so, yeah."

minhee scratches the back of his neck as he looks away from your eyes. you cheeks are now tinted with a deeper shade of pink.

"you know that i like you too."

you and minhee smile at each other. the both of you laugh, feeling happy to know that the feelings are mutual.