HAMLEM - LETTERS

[wonjin secretly likes hyeongjun, and gets jealous after seeing him hanging out with minhee a lot. he decides to write them letters, but maybe he got the letters switched as he places them on their desks.]

"what are you doing?"

"writing letters."

"wow, ham wonjin holding a pen and writing something without being forced? i feel honored to witness this once in a lifetime event."

wonjin glares at the laughing jungmo through the screen. they were on facetime since jungmo was bored and wonjin wanted someone to talk to.

"why are you writing letters anyway?"

"i don't want to talk to minhee in person. he made me upset. so i'll just place this letter on his desk." wonjin says as he continues to write down on the neat white paper.

jungmo humms on the other line. "is that a letter of wanting an apology or-"

"i dislike you, kang minhee." wonjin reads out each word he writes down, cutting off the question jungmo didn't even have to finish because he already knew what it was.

"oh, i knew it."

wonjin then folds the white bond paper and inserts it inside an envelope before taking out another white bond paper.

"but he's not the only one i'm writing a letter for."

"that one's for hyeongjun, right?"

wonjin doesn't say a word and just smiles, picking up the pen once again. jungmo shakes his head at wonjin.

"do you really dislike minhee now just because he hangs out with hyeongjun a lot?"

"yes."

"whoa, okay.. what are you going to put on hyeongjun's letter?"

"it's a letter for hyeongjun and only for him. why would i let you know?"

jungmo frowns with a pout and wonjin just rolls his eyes at him with a laugh.

"i'll just go study!"

"you do what you want to do." wonjin laughs.

jungmo then ends the call and wonjin still continues to write his thoughts about hyeongjun on the letter.

the next day, wonjin goes to school early, earlier than jungmo which doesn't usually happen. when he enters his classroom, it was still empty.

he sighs in relief. he wanted to place the letters on the desk without anyone knowing. hurriedly, wonjin runs to hyeongjun's desk and places the letter on his table.

"i hope you'll talk to me again during lunch break." he says as he places the letter on top.

then, he walks to minhee's desk, which wasn't far from hyeongjun's. with crossed eyebrows, he places the letter in top of his desk.

after that, wonjin runs to the rooftop. he couldn't stay or leave his backpack in the room, his classmates would know who placed the letters if he does so.

while at the rooftop, sitting on one of the old unused plastic desks, wonjin takes out his phone to message jungmo.

just as he sent the message, jungmo enters the school gates. he immediately ran down from the rooftop and back to his room, which now has some of his classmates sitting on their own desks, including hyeongjun and minhee.

wonjin passes by the both of them, trying to read their faces as they read the letters on their hands.

"you're a few minutes late compared to your usual time arrival." wonjin laughs at jungmo as he places his bag on the side of his desk.