Proof?

James' POV

We stayed there, in each other's embrace , mourning over the loss of our son. I held my face up, still holding a sobbing Lily close to me and looked back at our grave it said Lily and James Potter but what about Harry? Where is he? I pulled out of the hug, and caressed Lily's cheeks and got to my feet and started to read out the names on the graves of the graveyard, hoping not to find Harry's name on any of them. 

My wish was granted, but that brings me back to the same unanswered question: Where is he? I turn around to face Lily who had a very quizzled look on her face, and traces of tears still visible on her cheeks. "Lily....on our grave......Harry's name is not there nor on any of the other graves. What was the last thing you saw before..um..you ..know died? 

"I saw Vodemort come in and he told me to move aside and that he wanted to kill Harry, which I obviously could not have let happen. I told him to..."she sobbed "I told him to leave Harry..Then all I saw was a blinding green light and then this." I considered that for a moment and said 
"Lily so considering it all: his name not being here, you not actually seeing Voldemort kill him. There is a slight chance that Harry might be alive."

She looked up at me with grief yet I could see the slight hope in her eyes. After a few moments of silence I suggested"We should go back to the safe house  and check if Harry's there.""He won't be"she said simply. I told her to be positive but she gave me a look saying "isn't that obvious?"

"What?" I asked. "James, we...um..well..UGH! its sounds so weird! James. we died in October on Halloween, Autumn?."she answered. "Thank you Captain Obvious, but what does that have anything to do with our son not being at the safe house huh? " "COME ON! you're so oblivious sometimes,well all the time. Look around does that ring a bell?" I shook my head. She sighed and answered"James we died in October on Halloween" "I figured that much myself, funnily enough"

 She gave me the perfect Lily Evans glare. So I decided to let her continue."So it was autumn, now it is Spring or wait I think its summer. More like June or July. So its been a year, Harry must be almost two. Its more than a day James, and I doubt Harry would have been left there for so long. Dumbledore won't let that happen." I opened my mouth in a O and closed it almost like a goldfish which made Lily giggle.

We shared a glace which said we were thinking the same thing "Let's go to Dumbledore."

We held hands and I disapparated us to Hogsmeade.

                                                                 Lily's POV

James disapparted us to Hogsmeade. It really has changed in in these few months of our death. Is Madam Puddifoot's still there? It was a favourite place for every Hogwarts couple, but I really hated it, I mean it was all pink and fluffy, UGH! As we passed three broomsticks, I remembered butterbeer, I'd do anything to have it right now. But can't even imagine the havoc it would be if two people who are supposed to be dead walk in the three broomsticks and order Butter beer.

"WAIT!" I almost yelled James looked at me with a surprise look on his face. "You okay Lils" "James we can't go in like this!"I exclaimed. He looked at me  as if trying to figure out what I was saying and then said "Come on Lilyflower, no one's going to judge the state of our robes we were supposed to be dead you know"

My reaction was *FACEPALM* "Seriously James, I am not talking about the state of our robes. As you mentioned captain obvious we were supposed to be dead, so how odd will that be when two people who were supposed to be dead walk through the doors." He gasped and analysed what I'd just said. *FACEPALM* "I don't have my cloak Lils " I don't think I'll be able to explain him further. So I just took out my wand and cast disillusionment charm on both of us.

 We entered the grounds and went towards Dumbledore's office and  started guessing the passwords."Lemon drops" "sherbet lemom""cockroach clusters""blood drops""butter beer"  and it opened. We knocked on the door and a voice came "come in" So we obliged.

When we entered we saw Dumbledore sitting on his chair with a smile.

"I was curious when I'd  be seeing you Mr and Mrs Potter" Dumbledore said.

"Professor, how are you so sure it's us? I mean don't you need any proof?"

~XOXO~

Thank you so much for reading this! It's my first ever fanfic,  so I know It's not gonna be very good, but I'll try to make improvements so do tell me how can I improve this in the comments.

I'll try my best to update every tuesday.