Just To Be Sure

James' POV

Dumbledore chuckled and answered "no actually I was waiting for both of you. But for certain safety measures I have to make sure its actually Lily and James Potter" He handed us a potion. What is this potion? I gave Lily a quizzled glance and mouthed "what is this?" "Its's Veritaserum James: The strongest truth potion there ever has been" She answered me with an amused expression. "okay, and  stop teasing me, you're the 'Potions Queen' not me."

"Even if you were good at potions I doubt you'll ever be the potions Queen "she said teasingly putting an emphasis on Queen. "you know what I meant", she just smirked but just as she was about to reply me with some smart comeback (something she is famous for) someone coughed from the back for attention.

 We turned to see that we were so busy bickering that we forgot Dumbledore's here too. I smirked and saw Lily go as red as her hair. After a few moments of awkward silence, Dumbledore coughed again and gave us the truth potion. I went first, as soon as I drank the potion my body went all stiff. 

"What is your name?" Dumbledore asked.                                                                                                                    "James Fleamont Potter" I answered, but it felt like it was someone from inside me that answered, maybe it was the potion.                                                                                                                              "Who are you married to?"                                                                                                                                                "Lily  Marie Potter nee Evans"                                                                                                                                             "Do you or do you not have a son named Harry Potter"                                                                                      "I do"

And all of a sudden I felt myself relax, maybe the potion wore off. He then moved towards Lily and gave her the potion as well. She suddenly went all stiff.

"What is your name?" Dumbledore asked.                                                                                                           "Lily Marie  Potter nee Evans" She answered in a very stiff and stern voice.                                                 "Who are you married to?"                                                                                                                                       "James Fleamont Potter"                                                                                                                                                        "Do you or do you not have a son named Harry Potter"                                                                                    "I do"

She relaxed briefly maybe the effect of the potion wore off. "See, its really us"I said with a typical James Potter smirk. Lily nudged me in the shins but Dumbledore merely chuckled "I knew it was you since the moment you entered, but had to make sure that I am not being successfully fooled by a pair of Deatheaters. But it actually seemed unlikely the'll be able to use Polyjuice." "Why?" I asked. 

 Lily sighed shaking her head before answering "James, for Polyjuice potion you need to have the DNA of a living person and we were supposed to be dead ""oh yeah, thank you for the information potions queen" I said teasingly with a smirk. Which made her elbow me jokingly, which only made me smirk wider. 

"Professor, can we see Harry? Where is he? "Lily asked. That snapped me back to reality. "He's with Sirius of-course. Isn't he?  " I questioned seeing Dumbledore lower his head. "Is he okay ? We didn't find his grave so we thought he was alive" Lily said, while tears threatening to fall. I put my arms around her and pulled her closer to me, rubbing comforting circles on her back. "Harry is alive and is currently a student at Hogwarts "

~XOXO~

. I know I update on Tuesdays and its Sunday but I couldn't resist my self.

                                                                          A/N

I thought about writing Dumbledore's POV but decided against it because Dumbledore is a very secretive man and god knows what's going on in his head and it might also reveal Snape's secret (from the deathly hallows). Please tell me about your views on this matter. Should I do Dumbledore's POV or not?