Can dreams come true?

James' POV

Sunlight creeping through the window woke me up. I rub my eyes and turn to the other side with a sigh. I was expecting to find Lily there but she wasn't. I put on some clothes and went downstair to look for Lily, only to find her sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee (as muggles call it) with Remus. "Well I can't argue with that" Lily said and it was then they saw me enter the kitchen and then they started laughing "What?" I asked

That made them laugh even harder "What's wrong with them" came a voice which I can bet my life belonged to Sirius Black. "I think they have lost it" I replied Lily and Remus just doubled over laughing. "You're right Prongsie"

"You were making fun of me weren't you?" I asked Lily and Remus.

"No, the giant squid" Remus answers

"so, you guys were definitely talking about me"

"fine we were talking about how weird used to get in front of Lily, even after you both started dating" replied dreams

"yeah! I mean who gets so nervous to ask out his own girlfriend" Sirius chimed in.

"hey! In my defense I thought her asking me out I'm the whole date was a dream" I literally whispered the last word.

"Dream?!" Lily asked "come on Potter, I asked you out how could you think it was a dream?"

"perhaps that's what made it so unbelievable"

 ***************************************************************************************        Flashback

"Sirius, what are you doing here?" Lily asked. "I could ask you the same red" he countred "You can talk to me you know"

Lily sighed but none the less told him the reason for her late night stroll . "Ok, well Sirius,ummm........Say just 'HYPOTHETICALLY ' you have a crush on someone and you're not sure if that person likes you back or not. I mean you think he that he hypothetically used to like you " I say and mutter "or so everyone says."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 Back to James's POV

"Or so everyone says?!"  I burst out unable to control myself. I didn't just like you, I was and still am in love with you. Didn't I make it very clear?" I asked her.

"Wait, you'll know why I thought so and I love you too" she replied and bends from her chair to kiss me but Sirius butts in with his hands covering his eyes "My eyes! My innocent, virgin eyes!" "Honestly, grow up" I say I say with a sigh. "Its Sirius, what else do you expect?" "and you're"

"neither"

"innocent nor"

"virgin" We finished together .

which earned a groan from Sirius and a eye roll from Lily.

Back to Flashback

***********************************************************************************************

"Does that hypothetical person happen to be my hypothetical best mate?" Sirius asks her with an amused grin on his face. "No.... why would you think that?" she said obviously lying. "come on Lils" He pressed on. "Fine, yes that hypothetical person is your best mate" "Ha! Knew it, just to be sure we're both on the same page, you're talking about James right. I'm gonna take that glares you're throwing at me as a yes. But, anyways why would you think he doesn't like you back?"

"Well for a fact that he said he has moved on"

"Sure he has, he says he's stopped messing with his hair since fifth year when you said it looked ridiculous, but has he? NO!"

"I still don't believe you"

"Oh, you naïve little Lily. You know what let's clear this out. He himself can decide whether he's moved on or not" Sirius said growing frustrated to how oblivious she can be. He got to his feet and held out a hand out for Lily she took it but instead of getting up she pulled him back down with her.

"I can't ruin the friendship we already have, shh..... let me finish. Even if let's say he likes me back what if it doesn't work out. We'll never be friends again, and I don't want to lose what I already have over something I might never get"

"That's all very good but will you both be able to make it work as friends while you're both secretly in love with each other. Oh don't you dare give me that you know you do. Now, just imagine what if things work out perfectly and you both get married and have a son and we'd all be recalling this over a cup of, ugh what is it um.... Yes coffee! while he's at Hogwarts" Lily couldn't help but laugh at his ridiculousness. "And no I can't deny that I am not in love with him." "And Lils, just imagine if you don't take this step today and years later you find out that he in fact did love you back and that you missed your chance you'll regret it for a long time perhaps forever"

With that he got to his feet and patted her on the back and said "Think about it."

***************************************************************************************

~XOXO~

Sincerely 

so did she agree yet , or does she need more persuation? If yes then how will she ask him out?