Turn and Click

It was quiet when Charlotte began to pack her belongings into cardboard boxes, ready to move house. She picked up her treasure box and opened it slowly, a little tune rang out, it sounded a little bit like ba ba black sheep, the song twinkled and echoed around the now empty room. Inside the box were years of Charlottes life saved into keepsakes, half of which she was too young to remember. She picked up a photograph, it was her standing on a stump of a tree, she had luscious blonde locks which were plaited into pigtails trailing down to her waist. Her eyes were deep, chocolatey brown. She had ivory coloured skin, a strong jawline and medium pink lips which were smiling as a five year old would, looking happier than ever with her mum, dad and dog Maxwell, an old, black lab, she wished she could still see them all. She kissed the photo and put it into the back pocket of her jeans.

She let out a sigh and got up off the floor, her legs turned to jelly as she realised she'd been sat crossed-legged for almost an hour. Soon her taxi would be here to take her up North to her Grandmother's cottage where she would be living for the rest of her life.

Charlotte never thought that at the age of 15 she would be moving out of a house you might call your 'forever home' into her only grandparent's house she had left. To go along with that, she hasn't seen her grandmother Shesscintle in a year at the least. She didn't fancy going back after her grandmother starting fostering a boy.

His name was Taylor and he was half a year older than Charlotte, 16 to be precise. He was a reasonably tall boy, 5'9, considering Charlotte was only 5'2. She remembered he had these blaring green eyes with specks of brown scattered like dust. He had extra long eyelashes which is what made them stand out so much. She remembered his hair being a dark brown colour in a quiff hairstyle. He was very laid back but terribly nosey. This is what Charlotte hated about him the most, he would always be up in your business, her mother called out his catchphrase because he'd always come up to you and ask 'what you doing?' and he would exaggerate 'doing' and drag it out to make it this annoying ringing tone. Even if you told him to go away he would just bother you even more, at which point Charlotte vowed she would never go to her grandmother's house again until he's gone.

*honk* that was the taxi. She heard the knock at the door and proceeded to answer it.
'Ms Charlotte Robbin?' Questioned the taxi driver.
'Yep, let me just show you to the room where all my belongings are waiting in boxes' she answered him back as she guided him through her gaping hallway which now displayed bare walls. As she reached the study room she grabbed a box and heaved it up in front of her.
'If you could please grab any box and bring it out that would be wonderful' she said smiley and she walked back out the room and down her driveway. She placed the box on the floor just outside the car and went back inside and carried on with the process.

After they had gathered all the boxes and removed them out of the house Charlotte just had two things left to do. She excused herself from the taxi driver for just a minute as she ran up her grand, wooden, oak stairs and turned right to reach her bedroom. Her stuffed bear, worn and yellow isolated on her bed, perched on the pillows in the centre of her bed. She grabbed it, not wanting to keep the driver waiting much longer and took one last look at her old bedroom. She then went to turn down the stairs but couldn't divert her eyes from the room that was calling to her. Her parents bedroom. She stepped through the doorway where the door was half open, knowing this was her last time she would be experiencing this house and it's memories. Tears welled up in her eyes as the only things remaining were the bed and wardrobe. She scanned the room, every memory she ever had in it flashed before her eyes all merging into one as her tears blurred them all together.

She lifted her hand and kissed it and gently smacked it on the door. 'I'll miss you' she whispered as she thought about her parents and she walked out the door and turned to walk down the stairs.

'All done Ms?' Asked the taxi driver.
'Yeah, I think so' she reached her hand into her pocket and pulled out a key, she had always thought of this key as a flower because the top of it looked like a daisy. She manoeuvred her hand towards the door, inserted the key in the keyhole and twisted. She heard the click.

-

Hey, hope you liked the first chapter of my new book. I really hope I can get back into writing and maybe even finish this book. Please share your thoughts and plot twists you might like to see throughout. :))

-Disclaimer-
I do not own the cover photo artwork for this story.