━━━ 04. if something's wrong, leave it be

|chapter four:: if something's wrong, leave it be|

THE school seemed drained when I walked in today. Everyone talked to amongst their groups, but clearly nothing interesting to talk about but the Red Party that was a week ago. I thought it was just me since I spent all night texting Ander, though I was the only one texting. He didn't respond to a single one.

"Good morning, Addy." I heard Niccoló greet as he came to my side, "So I was hoping that you could come over today after school and we could hang out by my pool, maybe swim a little bit. Clothing is optional."

I rolled my eyes as he walked beside me to my locker, "You do remember I have a boyfriend, right, Nic? Or is all that coke fucking with your memory."

"Among other things," He grinned and I scoffed, "And since when did a relationship change how other people should act with someone?"

"Since relationships first began and best friends got sent to boarding school," I stated to him as we reached my locker.

He let out an exaggerated yawn, "Well that sounds boring and like a buzzkill because if you remember, we were more than just best friends."

I quickly snapped my head over to him, "Nic, we promised not to mention it, especially in public. It's been years since it happened and it was shortly lived."

"But why can't we ever talk about?" He whined as if we were children until I gave him a look to stop. When he did, he moved close to me for my ears only, "I can't get it out of my head, Adriana.. I can't get you out of my head."

"Well try harder until you forget it all happened. I know it worked for me," I shut my locker closed and walked away from him, shaking off the memories that tried to resurface as I got to class. I was kind of surprised to see Ander already here, seeing that he would usually walk with me to class. I dismissed the feeling as I went up to him with a smile, "Morning."

I leaned in for a kiss, but he didn't turn to me, so I ended up kissing his cheek before I sat down. He seemed unmoved and too deep into his thoughts, so I grabbed his hand for him to look at me, "Hey, what's wrong?"

He stared at me for a moment as if hesitating on something before looking down at his notebook, "It's nothing," He grumbled and I furrowed my brows.

"Something's wrong, Ander," I claimed, "You didn't meet me at my locker like usual and I texted you last night with no response back. You've been like this all week."

"I've been busy." He bluntly told me.

"Is it because I told you to let Omar sleep at your place?" I wondered, "If you didn't want him there, you could of told me. I just thought that you were friends."

"It's not that," He sighed, "It's nothing, I've just been busy."

I pressed my lips into a thin line and looked up front, "Fine."