━━━ 08. lose your mind

|chapter eight:: lose your mind|

"GUZMAN, slow down, for Christ Sake." I groaned as I rubbed my tired eyes, "You just disturbed my peaceful sleep, so can you just talk to me as if I'm a four year old?" Guzman rolled his eyes as he stood in my room, his clothes and hair soaked from the rain. I frowned at where he stood, "You made my rug wet."

"Adriana, what I'm trying to tell you is more important than your damn rug!" He told me, annoyance in his voice.

"Okay, okay," I sighed, sitting up, "What's wrong?"

"Samuel," He began, "When I went to his house looking for Nano, he played this recording to me. He was telling me earlier before I got suspended, but I- I don't know.. " He trailed and I furrowed my brows as he started to get deep into his thought.

I stand up from my bed and go over to him, grabbing his shoulders, "Guzman?" I called out to him and he looked at me, anger and sadness mixed in his eyes, "What was he telling you?"

"He-" Guzman paused briefly, letting out a deep sigh, "He was saying that Nano didn't kill Marina."

I froze, my eyes locking on his, "What?" I mumbled, "How does he know his brother didn't do it?"

Guzman stepped away from me and ran his hand down his face, "I don't fucking know, alright? I was so pissed, I didn't care for details."

I shook my head, "This doesn't make sense, Guzman, you know that, right? Samuel's statement is what sent that bastard to prison because no one else saw him around the time-"

"You don't think I know that?" Guzman retorted, "None of it making sense. I barely believed that bastard when he told me the first time."

"He told you this more than once?"

"Yeah," Guzman admitted, now pacing my room, "But, I thought he was just trying to rile me up and piss me off even more."

"Did he say who could have done it?" I wondered, and Guzman looked at me before he sighing.

"He claimed that Polo and Carla was involved and that Christian knew about it," Guzman explained, "He even recorded Carla when she talked to him."

"Did she say that she did it? Or that Polo did it?" I asked and he shook his head, causing me to huff out, "So why the hell are we believing him? He has no viable proof, Guzman."

"I know," Guzman grunted, frustration displayed on his face, "It's just that awhile ago, I thought Nano didn't do it. I thought he couldn't have killed Marina."

"I did too," I mumbled, "But I don't think our own friends did it either." His pacing stopped, so he could look at me when I called his name, "Guzman... if Nano didn't do it, who did? Who killed Marina?"