━━━ 05. harsh truths

|chapter five:: harsh truths|

I jumped for the third time when Guzman aggressively shoved the vending machine. He was pissed as some of us were shaken up because not even thirty minutes ago did Samuel's brother, Nano showed up at the school and Guzman was ready to attack him. Just the sight of his face wanted me to hit him too, so I didn't even try to keep Guzman calm as he tried to break out of everyone's grip to get to Nano.

My phone suddenly buzzed along with everyone else as we sat down at the table. When I looked at it, I raised a brow, "Isn't a little odd to want to throw a Halloween party after what just happened?"

"Clearly," Carla agreed, meeting my eyes for the first time in a long time, "I don't think it's normal to have a party after a murder just threatened us all."

"So you guys just want to give up having fun all together because of an idiot like that?" Guzman asked as he leaned against the vending machine, "We're all going to that party."

I bit the inside of my cheek as I read the information from the invitation, seeing it was at my old house. My head still pounded a little from last nights fun and the thought of another party- especially at my old house- just made me nauseous.

"Babe," Lu looked at Guzman, "Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to your house? It's not just weird, but it's creepy to even think about it."

I furrowed my brows at Lu's odd points, "Sadly, I have to agree with Lu. I don't think I'd like to be in that house again."

"The house isn't going to bite us, Adriana." Guzman sighed, "And Marina didn't die there, she died by the pool we have to go to everyday instead."

I looked down at my shoes, clenching my jaw slightly, "Guzman-"

"We're all going to that damn party tonight and that's final," Guzman exclaimed, shoving the vending machine once again until a few snack fell down from inside before coming up to us, "And I swear if Nano brings his face to that party or bothers any one of you, I swear I will bash his fucking head in." He then scanned the group, scoffing darkly, "What, you guys thought I was joking back there?"

No one said anything, so he huffed angrily before going to get one of the snacks from machine and leaving. I looked down at my hands that shook suddenly, but I ignored it. I was just tense.

"Ana." Lu called me, but I didn't look up at her until she called me again, "Ana, you're bleeding."

"What?" I asked and touch my face lightly when I looked down at my skirt to see blood dripping on it. When I pulled my hand away, blood cover the tips of my fingers, so I quickly got up before rushing away from them.

"Adriana!" I heard someone call behind me, but I kept rushing toward the bathroom, not even paying any mind to the trail of blood I was leaving or the person calling out my name. When I burst into the bathroom, I quickly go to the sink, grabbing as many paper towels I could to stop the bleeding. I stared at my reflection, only to groan when.I seen blood on my shirt and skirt until the bleeding stopped.