A Reason To Keep Fighting

I didn't think my life could get any worse after my father's death. How wrong that thought turned out. Every night. After Toya's suicide, I read through his suicide letter. It gave me a feeling I can't explain. It acted as my source to strength, but it also broke me down slowly. The worst part was that Endeavour managed to buy his way out. That, and the public couldn't have their number two hero be the father of a boy who blamed his suicide on his father.

I managed to hold on for a few months though. Four to be exact... Before I too went into the forest with a rope in hand...

It was only one month until Izuku's birthday would arrive, but who would even care. He had no one left. His parents had been taken from him, and his best friend had been pushed over the edge by his own family. What was wrong with this world?

This was supposed to be a world filled with glee, happiness, and wonder. Heroes were part of reality in this modern-day society. Then why did it still feel like something unreachable? It was as if this world was made for only people with quirks. That the quirkless were supposed to be thrown out. Disposed of.

The 8-year-old had enough of everyone's bullshit. The lies of the media and adults. It was the sugar coating on top of the horrible true face of this society. He had come to realize this, even going as far as to stop supporting heroes. After all. They had failed him time and time again.

Izuku continued looking at the ground. He gripped the rope tighter and tighter with each step he took. He didn't notice how he neared a small clearing. Once he did though, his eyes landed on the rusty building in the middle of the clearing. It looked like a huge run-down shed.

The smell of blood hit his nose, making him shiver. It came from the shed. The doors to the building were slightly opened. Izuku could see light coming from inside. The curious part inside him took over. It started leading his body to the shed.

He peeked inside, cringing when the door creaked slightly. Without even able to inspect the place, Izuku was approached by an intimidating figure. It was a man with sharp features, yellow eyes, and long silver hair that spiked upward in two, giving the feeling of a young wolf.

He wore white martial arts pants and tai chi slippers. But the most distinctive feature was his upper body covered in bandages. He had a pair of bandages going around his upper and lower arms, some over his chest, shoulders, and abdomen. And the final bunch of bandages that were visible was a few wraps around his waist.

"Leave."

It was a simple request. More like a command, considering the tone, the man spoke in. Izuku felt his knees buckle under him. He nearly fell over due to fear. All the bloodlust and anger protruding from this man alone was indescribable.

Suddenly, Izuku understood who this man was. It was the hero hunter; Garou. All fear left Izuku's body. He looked at the man with starstruck eyes.

"You're Garou, the hero hunter!"

He showed excitement, something Garou hadn't received ever since he became the hero hunter.

"You're so cool! The way you fight, even though you're quirkless is awesome!"

Here he was, trying to heal up after being heavily injured by Yoroi Musha. Who could blame him though? He had just faced off against Mirko and then stumbled upon another top 10 hero. He was a bit unfortunate and reckless, that he would admit.

"I told you to leave, kid. Why are you acting all happy and stuff? Aren't you scared?"

Garou raised an eyebrow. He hadn't come across a fan. If he knew any better, kids this age should be looking up to All Might or someone like that. Definitely not a person who literally hunted down and severely injured, sometimes killed heroes.