Chapter 37

Rosalia 😁😁👆👆 or👉👉

It was on Monday afternoon, after her shift, Leah heads to her mother's bakery. As soon as she enters, she was greeted by the heavenly scent of freshly made bread, muffins and other baked goodies. The bakery was small but cozy with nice colors, it gives out a warm and homey feeling to the customer.

There were few people in there, three people on the line, and some customers were having their meal at their table. She saw some of her mother workers as well as Matt at the counter.

"Hey Brenda" she greets the tall, blonde high schooler, who looks really surprised to see her, she rarely comes to the bakery. She do help during the rush hour but not a time like this.

"Leah?.. Hi, what are you doing here?" She asks as she gave the customer her change.

"I came to see my mum, is she in?" The girl nods, as Matt walks up to her, asking her the same question.

She saw her mom who took her to one of the empty tables, one of the few workers served her a muffin with a warm chocolate saying it was from her brother.

"Leah what is wrong?" Emilia asked looking worried.

"Nothing mum, i don't just feel like going home" she pouts, staring at the muffin not really hungry.

"Leah.. You have been gloomy and sad for two days now and I kept on asking you what is the matter you refuse to say anything"

Leah pouts playing with the pendant of her necklace which always calms her. This past week as been stressful, she has to deal with a best friend who professes his undying love for her and a cheating boyfriend. She knows if she goes home, she will see the two people she was avoiding, so she ran to her only safe haven.

"Am just stressed.. That's all" she shrugs, refusing to tell her mother.

"Is it boy troubles?" There was silence, that was the sign her mother was expecting. She sighs. "Leah I want you to know am your mother and you can tell me anything, OK?. Whatever is it that has happened between you and Hunter I hope you guys settle it"

"Thank you mother" she smiles as Leah smile back.

"Now eat your food" Emilia stood up giving her a kiss on the forehead before attending to her customers.

Leah sighed, she took the muffin and the warm chocolate drink which was getting cold in her hands, deciding to go out of the shop for some fresh air. She came out spotting a bench, sitting down on it. She took a bite out of the delicious muffin, she enjoys it with her drink when she heard footsteps behind her, she looks up then groans inwardly, 'how did he find me' she asks herself.

"You have been avoiding me" he said with his hands deep down the pocket of his leather jacket.

"Am not avoiding__"

"Don't lie to me Leah.. It doesn't suit you" he walked closer his voice sounding cold, Leah shuts up just staring at him. He sighs.

"Can I sit?" He asked, voice sounding small, Leah looked away from him, finishing her muffin.

"You can if you promise not to do anything stupid" Antonio rolled his eyes but sat down anyway.

"So this is how its gonna be now uhn?... always having a fall out" He sneers as she shifts uncomfortably on the bench.

"I never said you ceased to be my friend, i just need to think some things through" she said with a distant look.

"Hmm, that look shows that am not the only one bothering you" of course, he will find out.. Her and Hunter relationship seems to be the latest gossip in town. "Is there trouble in paradise?" He said sardonically, from her peripheral vision she saw him bringing out his cigarettes, she groans as he sticks one into his mouth, he raised the lighter to light the deadly thing but Leah knocked it off his mouth.