Chapter 3(B)

Theo James :Ian Scott (yes i know... He is a fine piece of man)

I walk out of the building in anger and also in sadness. Getting a job in this city can be hard a times. I applied for a job for at least three times in two months yet it is either one problem or another.

The first interview, they said i had good qualifications but am not experienced enough for the job. The last two it was another thing entirely, the two men said in other to give me a job, i will have to sleep with them. What is wrong with the men of this city?! I want a job to win a contract for the company not sell my body.

Happy thoughts Leah... Don't let these scums get to you. My mind went to Chris as an automatic smile appeared on my face...

No no it's not what you are thinking, am not seeing anyone. Chris is a five year old orphan who i ran into two years ago.

I remember that late afternoon i met him. He was walking around the park with tears running down his chubby cheeks, i walked up to him only to find out he lost his way home. I was furious, who could have left a poor boy on the busy  street of New York. I picked him up in my arms telling him it's okay, i bought an ice cream for him with the little change that i have left on me.

We were walking on the street, when he screamed looking excited as he points to particular building. I followed my instincts then approached the building. That day i found my closure. Probably because of the miscarriage i had, i couldn't help but wonder what if that little seed made it, he would be just about Chris age.

Chris lives in an orphanage with other kids, when i got there i found that Chris followed one of the older children without him or the owners knowing. He must have missed his way when following him around. The owners were so worried when they couldn't find him when the older boy returned. They called the police, that was when i came in with him.

Ever since then, i found time to visit the orphanage and spend time with them. Sometimes i even volunteer. The owners Greg and Melissa were nice couples so it has been great working with them.

I should visit them by the end of this week. I walked faster as i catch a bus . I went to the cafe, i thanked Felix for filling in for me. He asked me about the interview, i told him it didn't go well as i dropped the conversation.

My mind went back to the phone call i had with mother she is still in California, doing and minding her business, while i am here in Brooklyn... She missed us, no doubt.

Rosalia's father bought this apartment for her, she begged and threaten me to live with her, i tried to pay but she said i must be crazy if i think she will collect the money. 

Through out the conversation, mother kept asking me where i got the money. I was able to calm her down, the twins could be tattletales a times. I promised to see the twins by the end of the week since they are living in the dorm.

Today went well and normal like always in the cafe, Felix kindness, Natasha snide remarks and her obsession with my behind, John coldness and my friendly colleagues and baker.

We closed for the day, as i decided to walk which was now a regular thing. I clutch my bag in my hand as i turn a bend, my mind goes back to what happened months ago, i went back to check on the guy i helped only to discover he as been moved to another hospital. I didn't even catch his name.

I quickly go through my bag as my phone buzzed, i hear the roaring of a motorbike, i spot a Ducatti as Rex and his gang members appeared from no where. I groan audibly but continued my walk ignoring them. The guy hates me for disgracing him the other time. They killed their engine as they parked.