Chapter 50

My mum as been crying ever since i woke up. She tried not to show it, but the red eyes and pink cheeks said it all. She rubs my hand with care, trying to assure everything is gonna be fine but i know it won't. She shifts her chair closer, Rosalia sat at the end of my bed looking deep in thought. They both look tired and worn out and its all my fault. She told me the twins went home to get my things. Thank God... Am not ready to face them yet.

With all this, someone was still at the back of mind. Hunter. Tears well up my eyes as i recalled what happened.

Flashback....

I limp down the stairs, holding on to the railings so as not to fall. I spot my shoes, i picked it up clutching my shoes to my chest, trying to cover my exposed breast. I sniff but froze at the calling of my name, oh no!  He is up. I turn around to meet the two familiar figures that was staring at me in shock and horror. My heart flew off my chest at what was in their hands.

"Leah?... What the fuck happened to you?!" Jared roared as i visibly shake, my eyes still on the guns in their hands. They must have seen this as the quickly hid it behind their backs. Tears well up my eyes again, their gonna kill me, they are gonna finish their friend's work on me.

"Leah... We are not going to hurt you" I whimper as Nicholio spoke up, to think he was a friend of my brothers. "See this, Its for protection, we just got back now and we thought someone broke in when we heard a crash... You can tell us what happened."

I stared at them still in shock, what were they doing with a gun?. Jared tries to move closer, but i let out a strangled scream making him stop abruptly with surprise.

"Ple-please don't hurt me, leave me al-alone... I.. Please just stay away from me!" I scream out crying before grabbing my bag and phone. I ran out of the house ignoring their screams for me to stop.

I don't know how much i ran, but it was far away from that monster's house. My body was so numb that i couldn't feel the cold air hitting my body. I clutch my bag and shoes against my chest trying to cover up some decency. I need to get out of here before they find me. I clutch my phone in my right hand as i search through my contacts for help. I dialed the first person on my speed dial, lifting it to my ear. I look around in fear at the deserted road due to it being night time. It rang and rang but he didn't pick up. I tried again, maybe he was still mad at me.

"Please pick up.. " i pleaded. He picked it at the third ring.

"..... Hello... " his voice sounds cold but i ignored it.

".... Hunter... " I sniff as he grunts "... I need your help, something __"

"...  Go met your boyfriend then... " he mutters coldly as i blink back my tears. His he still angry with me?

"... What are you talking about? You know you are my boyfriend... " I cried out, stomping my foot only to realize he can't see me. He chuckles darkly.

"... What do you take me for? a fool?... " he snaps as i hear an annoying female laugh underneath. I gulp.

"... What are you talking about Hunter? You are scaring me?... " I cried.

There was silence on the line, i thought he cut off the call but he delivered the final blow.

"... I thought this could work out but have come to discover you were a pathological and disgusting liar... It's over, never call this line again...  " he said with disgust before the line went off. I stared at the screen in shock.