3. All Evil Things Must Come to a Beginning

K: "Nicky? You know the cadaver!?"
T: "It's my cousin!"
K: "You bought your cousin?"
T: "Just get off of him."
Kiwi plopped down in the grass, as I watched my cousin stare at both of us. He must've been sleeping, as he looked groggy and confused. I found it odd that he wasn't as frantic as we were, having just been shaken and stirred awake by a stranger.

N: "Hey, guys. What's up?"
He ran his fingers through his brown hair and rubbed his eyes; squinting at Kiwi for a moment.
N: "...Are you Brendon Urie?"
K: "...Yes."
T: "No, it's Kiwi!"
K: "For a small fee, I could be."
T: "Stop! What are you doing here? Why would you just show up like an idiot, lay in the lawn and not call?"
N: "I did call! I called like ten times and texted you that I got your address from Uncle Brian and was coming over to talk."

    I gave him a quizzical look, as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw it did have several missed calls and a text from him. I'd been asleep and missed all of them.
T: "Fine, but why wouldn't you wait until I responded to come over? Not to sound like a douche, but I haven't seen you in years; we aren't really on a drop by basis."
N: "We used to be..."
T: "Yeah, when we were fourteen. I heard about you Nicolai. I know about all the bullshit you've gotten yourself into."
N: "Oh yeah? Who the hell's been talking about me!?"
He began to raise his voice, as he stared me down with a mix of hurt and anger that he was the chewy nougat center of family gossip.
Kiwi hoisted himself to his feet and held up his hands in a defensive manner.
K: "Lets continue this inside before the neighbors hear. We haven't passed the "nazi, murderer or normal " probationary period yet and I'd like to be invited to the neighborhood ice cream socials."

     I was assaulted by the smell of scented candles, as we entered the house

I was assaulted by the smell of scented candles, as we entered the house. I could tell Ally had been burning them and making herself at home whenever she came to look after our morkies- Zero, Bullet and Brynlee- while we were gone. They came scrambling out of their puppy playroom and into the kitchen to greet us and scavenge for treats. I watched Nick drop his backpack and get on floor to play with them and couldn't help but notice how thin and pale he was. He'd gotten his lip and nose pierced since last time I'd seen him, and tattoos up his arms and neck. He still looked handsome and somewhat put together in his black studded vest, a white band tank and black ripped jeans that looked as skinny as Kiwi's Chinese finger trap trousers.

 He still looked handsome and somewhat put together in his black studded vest, a white band tank and black ripped jeans that looked as skinny as Kiwi's Chinese finger trap trousers