𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 ;; 𝘮𝘦𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦

︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵ ︵

‧₊ ❁ཻུ۪۪.;:୭̥.┊🖇💌 ꒱
requested by NutMeg777

A LOUD BEEP sounded as the heavy steel door slid smoothly open, soft sunlight filtering into the room and making the figure in the doorway almost glow.

"GOOOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!" Mei Hatsume cheered with an energetic grin. A number of workers chorused back.

Even though she'd worked there at every opportunity for past 2 years, the intricacies behind the support company's workroom never failed to excite Mei.

Everything was modern, sleek and robotic, devices of every shape and size littering all the office worktop and desk space.

Looking for a certain familiar face, Mei's eyes landed on a h/c haired woman waving wildly in her direction with an excited grin. Mei knew that look and hurried over.

"Mei! So glad you're finally here!" Mei went for a hug and Y/n wholeheartedly returned it.

They separated and Y/n gestured wildly to the undistinguishable pile of metal, screws and buttons on her counter, rocking back and forward on her heels. "I had the greatest idea last night -well, technically this morning- and I've been just dying for your input."

Smirking, Y/n took a step back to study Mei as Mei studied the invention.

Mei was a cute student from the famous hero school Yuuei, a member of support class 3-H who'd decided to intern with the support company Y/n worked for.

She had an eye for detail, a thirst for knowledge, and a spunky and bubbly personality Y/n couldn't get enough of.

Pleased, Mei excitedly stood back from the device and towards Y/n. It took every ounce of Y/n's self control to keep her eyes from roaming down. She couldn't help her rising butterflies. Only a year older, Y/n's heart thumped loudly when in any proximity of the attractive younger girl.

"Good work! I can tell it already has heaps of potential." Mei smiled encouragingly. Y/n began to blush.

"A-anyway, here's another thing I threw together while I burned the well after midnight oil. Wanna try it out?"

"Of course!" Mei smiled fondly, "You know I love inspecting your work. I always know they're gonna be spectacular!"

"Here," Steeling herself with a deep breath, Y/n reached forward slipped a miniscule device gently behind Mei's ear. Her hand ghosted along Mei's salmon coloured hair as it retreated.

Gulping, Y/n picked up the second half of the device. A steampunk inspired butterfly hair clip. That may have been designed with Mei in mind.

Y/n's hand hovered over the strands above Mei's temple even longer this time. Being so close to the other girl was driving her insane, her body yearning to reach out and touch the other girl.

"Helloooooo? Y/n? Anyone home??"

Y/n jumped and retracted her hand quickly.

"Everything okay?"

Y/n held onto the back of her neck sheepishly. "Just tired, I guess."

A bell sounded in the distance and Y/n looked relieved. "Lunch time Mei-chan!"

–🌸–

Back against a locker, Mei continued to ramble into her phone like there's no tomorrow. The entire locker room was empty so Mei had decided to make the most of her break and chat with one of her classmates about the internships.

"This baby is amazing, don't you agree??" Mei exclaimed. "Y/n helped me test it out yesterday! Ahh, it looked even cuter when she was wearing it! Her hair was done up that day, and she was wearing this cute, frilly top like—"

Mei's classmate sighed. "Hatsume, please stop talking. I've been hearing about your girlfriend nonstop for the last hour."

Mei blushed steedily and quickly stuttered down the phone. "S-she's not my girlfriend!!"

"Damn, the way you're talking about her coulda fooled me."

"Don't say stuff like that!" Mei spluttered, using a hand to cover her burning cheeks.

"hMmm why not? is it because you're totally into her?" Mei's classmate said with a smug smile Mei could hear.

"sHUT UPppp." Mei's only choice was to bury her head in her arm, blushing uncontrollably from the teasing.

"You need to ask her out already! I'm sure she'll say yes." Mei froze, blinking with wide eyes.

"You really think so?" Mei could tell she sounded incredibly hopeful but didn't care.

"I do. You'd be so cute together. Anyways, I gotta go. Good luck making out with your senpai."

"WAIT A MINUT—"

The line went dead.

Mei sighed and hung up. She took a deep breath and slipped her phone back into her pocket, her mind wandering into the dangerous territory of confessing her feelings.

Abruptly, the door to the locker room swung open slowly and there stood Y/n, cheeks rosy and looking everywhere but at Mei.

Mei gulped. She was screwed.

To her surprise, Y/n bit her lip and met Mei's gaze as her blush only become more obvious. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I just wanted to let you know..." She shyly tucked a loose hair behind her ear. "if you were to ask me out, i wouldn't be against it..."

Mei stood up slowly, a goofy smile quickly taking over her face, unable to believe what she was hearing. "You mean?"

"I mean i wouldn't say no if you happened to. You know, as ya do." Y/n grinned back, a hopeful and knowing glint in her eyes.

Unable to wait any longer Mei rushed forward and wrapped her arms around Y/n, the other girl melting in her arms. Raising her head Mei gave Y/n a soft gentle peck on the lips. "I might just take you up on that offer baby!"

Not too happy with this smh :/
Ngl tho, the comments on the last shot were so sweet i highkey squealed when reading them <3 🥺😭