Sketch - Chapter 2

My eyes snap open due to the sound of my phone and I scramble off the couch and to the bench to answer it.

Trent. Great my brother.

"Hey Trent, what's going on?"

"Just wondering if you wanted to catch up with Danny and I?"

Aw both of my brothers want to catch up with me how sweet.

"When?"

"What are you doing now?"

"Wallowing in self pity and regretting my decision to try and become and actor,"

"No you're not, you're meeting us at the cafe on the corner of your block. See you in a minute,"

I smile to myself and put my cardigan that was sitting on the back of the couch on and head out of the door, flicking the dead bolt locked as I go.

I shove my hands deep in my pockets and walk out into the fresh autumn evening which is still cold.

After a few steps someone brushes against my shoulder causing me to stumble to the side slightly, "I'm sorry! I didn't see you there I was look-" the familiar blonde haired and gorgeous eyed boy from the audition, Daniel, starts to say as he holds out his phone, "you auditioned for the new role on teen wolf didn't you?" He smiles,

"Yeah that was me," I blush, remembering my performance on that day,

"What are-"

"How did-" he chuckles, taking a step back towards me, "You go,"

"what are you doing around here anyway?"

"One of my mates just lives a few blocks away," he smiles, "how did you go with the role anyway?"

"Uh, just missed out,"

His face shows pity on it and I stand up a bit straighter, "sorry, Vixen was it?"

I scoff quietly at the fact he remembers my name, "yeah that's it," I smile.

"I thought you were the best out of the two but anyway, I better get going," he smiles, "I'll text you,"

We turn away from each other and keep walking to our respective destinations, the smile still on my face as I walk into the cafe and see my brothers.

"Who was he?" Trent nudges me when I slide into the booth next to him.

"Just a guy,"

"A guy?"

"Not that type of guy," We both chuckle and Danny comes back from the bathroom I'm assuming and sits down to order coffee.

_________________________

"You two and dad should come over for dinner soon," I smile as they walk towards Danny's car.

"We'll let him know and we'll organise it," Danny smiles as he gets into the drivers seat and Trent walks around the car to the passenger side, "See you later Vix,"

"Love you guys," I smile and wave them off before walking back to my apartment, head down and hands in pockets due the the rain lightly falling from the sky.

"We should really stop meeting on the street like this," the familiar British accent says for the second time today,

"Maybe you should stop stalking me then," I reply sarcastically with a cheeky grin on my face.

He pulls back with his hand on his chest in a mock offended position, "how dare you?" He chuckles, "I'm kidding. So where are you off to now?"

"I live in that building right there," I smile, motioning to the steps five metres away from us. He looks to where I point then back to me.

Ask him. Just ask him you idiot.

"Would you like to come inside? Walking to where ever you're going in the rain can't be much fun,"

"I'd love to, thank you,"

We walk in a comfortable silence the short distance to the main door and I dig the key out of my pocket before unlocking the door and walking up the stairs, Daniel trailing behind me.

"This is my tiny apartment," I laugh as I open the door and stand to the side. I literally do have a tiny apartment. It's a studio flat meaning, my 'bedroom', the 'lounge room' and the kitchen are all in the the one room, with only one tiny bathroom.

"It's nice,"

"Oh come on, you don't have to lie. It's liveable, considering it's only me and it was cheap to buy so now I don't have to pay rent," I turn around and smile up at him as he takes a few steps and sits on the bar stool closest to us.

"So you bought this?" He asks, "how old were you?"

"I was 23 when I bought it and I've lived here for a while,"

"That's impressive," He nods, looking at my weird and wonderful artwork hanging on the walls, "nice art too,"

He turns and faces me and doesn't say anything, just looks at me while I look at him.

"Uh, would you like something to drink? I have tea, coffee, water, whatever," I stammer nervously as I walk into the kitchen and on the other side of the bench he is sitting at.

"Why don't I take you to dinner?" He smiles after looking at me for a little longer.

Seriously? I haven't heard from this guy for two months and now that Kelly mentions him, I literally see him like three hours later? What are the odds!

"Sure, I can drive if you want so we don't have to walk?"

"My car is outside," he smirks cheekily, knowing that I thought he had to walk, doing that half smile that every guy seems to know how to do.

"ah I see, let me get changed then and we can go," I smile pulling a blue and white dress with my thick white cardigan out of my inbuilt wardrobe and walking into the bathroom and locking the door. I get changed as soon as I can and then fix my hair into a loose pony tail letting bits at the front fall out of it. I give myself a once over in the mirror and walk outside to see Daniel standing in front of one of the sketches of my mother that Danny did for me.

"Did you do this?" He asks, looking over his shoulder at me before turning around completely and once again looked at me, longer than normal.

"No I didn't, my brother did," I said, trying to keep my voice level and make it seem like my heart wasn't racing.

"It's amazing, who is it of?"

"My mum," I smile in a somber kind of way.

"You look like her,"

"No I don't, my mum was gorgeous,"

"That's my point," He mumbles quietly and out of the corner of my eye I see that looks from the drawing to me. I take a step closer to the picture, standing next to him and try to hide my smile. "What did you mean was?"

"That sketch was originally a photo taken when I was three weeks old and exactly 3 years before she died to the exact day,"

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bring it up, seriously I'm-" his hand is on my back and turns to face me with a worried look on his face,

"Daniel I was 3, I don't remember her, as much as I would like to I don't, so I'm not that sensitive about it," I smile, trying to reassure him and placing my hand on his waist, "come on, let's go to dinner,"

I walk towards the door and pick my keys up from the bench as I pass it, "are you coming?" I chuckle as he walks towards me and out of the door, waiting for me just outside.