The House

"I actually am impressed" I stated, sitting in the back of the car as Shawn smirked at me through the rear-view mirror.

"It's because i'm psychic" He confidently says.

I look behind me and smile to myself. "I bet you didn't see this one coming, psychic."

Before Shawn could respond, police lights flashed behind him and a siren started to blare.

Shawn pulled over and sent me a glare through the mirror, causing me to lightly giggle.

"Just let me do the talking" He said to an annoyed Gus.

"Morning gentleman, Ma'am" He said, looking at me in the back.

"Morning officer" Shawn greeted, messing with a card in his hand.

Shawn handed the man his card and the officer looked at it. "What's this?"

"Oops, that's my dads old police business card. Must've gotten stuck on the back there." Shawn replied with a laugh.

"Henry Spencer is your dad?" He asked, eyeing Shawn.

"Yes, yes he is." Shawn nodded.

"Well how is ole Henry doing?" He asked.

"You know Henry" He smiled, "He's great, retired, livin' in Miami."

"I saw Henry 3 weeks ago" The cop said, bending down. "At Home Depot"

"Yeah," Shawn said, slightly shocked, "That sounds about right, popped into town for a few days, grabbed some supplies. Some wood."

"He said he had been back for over a year?"The cop continued.

"And now.. he's back" Shawn awkwardly stated. "Running around, doing his thing. Y'know, Henry style."

The officer nodded as he stared at the card. "Tell your dad the King Fisher says hello"

"Will do, thank you." Shawn responds, taking his card back.

The cop left and Gus looked at Shawn.

"Your dad's back at the house?" Gus asked.

"Apparently," Shawn said, a hint of hurt in his voice.

The two looked at each other and Shawn pulled off, driving now in silence.

___

"Dude, I'm so excited! This is my first use of spy technology!" Shawn stated, jumping over a log.

"It would seem cooler if this particular logo wasn't decorated on the side" I said pointing to it.

"It came with the subscription," Shawn said, looking at it.

He held it up to his eyes and looked over a lake.

"Can you tell me why we're here" Gus piped up, looking around.

"This is the family cabin, where they spent there summers at." Shawn answered.

"Wouldn't the police have checked this out?" Gus asked, looking across the lake.

"He isn't on the witness list" I answered, "Actually, he probably isn't on anyone's list."

"This is a great plan" Shawn said, removing the binoculars away from his face. "He deserves to be left alone, this is great."

"Maybe you should date him too" Gus sarcastically said.

Shawn glared towards Gus and gave me a look. Gus looked between the two of us and realization painted on his face. He nodded to himself before looking back down.

"Let me see." I said, taking the binoculars out of Shawn's hands.

"We will be right back" Gus told me, taking Shawn with him.

I shrugged and put my eyes against the cheap binoculars, looking at the cabin. I watched as a dog ran out from behind a park car and sniffed around.

"Oh no way" I whispered, "Guys! His dog is here!" I called out.

"Dude!" Shawn yelled back, taking the binoculars, so he could see himself.

"I can't believe we did this!l" Gus excitedly spoke.

The two started to jump and celebrate. I watched them as I sat on a log, smiling at the two boys.

"We need to call the police" I said, cutting off there celebration.

"No, we need to call the Chief!" Gus corrected.

"Nooo" Shawn drew out, "I miraculously have a vision!"

"A vision?" Gus and I say at the same time.

"A vision" He yells out again, "Of stuff we saw!"

"So like the road sign with the two bullet holes?" I asked.

"Or the red and yellow kayaks?" Gus adds on to my question.

"And the highway!" Shawn says, "the numbers... oh, i'm seeing, what am I seeing- 8,3,1"

"Highway 138" Gus corrected.

"Exactly! In the spirit world things get crumbled and out of sequence! But my vision gets clearer when we all jump in the squad car together." Shawn paused for a second, "By the way let me sit next to Alina." He whispered, eyeing me.

"Shawn please" Gus rolled his eyes.

"So then we lead them here." I say, waiting for him to continue

"Yes, and then we all put on our surprised faces." Shawn continues.

"So it's like we are seeing it all for the the first time" Gus finishes for him.

"Yeah, this is mine" Shawn says, making a face.

I put my head in my hands, wondering how I even got in this situation.

"Alina your turn" Shawn says, poking a stick he found on the ground on my head.

"Let's get back to the car, boys" I say, taking the stick out of his hand.

"Alina, that was horrible!" Shawn called out as Gus followed me to the car. "You lack so much emotion!"

🍍🍍🍍