Hey Dad

I stood next to Karen as we watched Shawn and Gus take their seats in front of her desk.

"The department has been approved with you again, Mr. Spencer" Karen nods as she grabs two slips of paper off her desk, "And although this didnt go exactly the way we hoped, I thank you both for your service."

Gus smiles at her words and shook her hand, seeming to be happy that he had gotten away with Shawn's ridiculous lies.

Even I felt a slight weight lifted off my shoulder's, realizing that somehow the three of us pulled it off so far.

However, one glance from Shawn made me realize that it of course could never be that easy.

"Actually, you are making a huge mistake" He starts off.

His eyes trail from Karen to mine as he continued to speak.

"This case isn't closed"

"Pardon?" Karen asks, now following his eyes towards mine.

"Murder suicide, come on.. are you really buying that" he spoke, finally breaking eye contact from me.

"I am not buying anything" she responded quickly, "Those are the facts. Right Detective?" She looks up at me, waiting for me to back up her statement.

Shawn looks up to me with a knowing look while Gus continues to look at the ground, avoiding the confrontation Shawn started.

"Director, I understand why you feel that wa-"

"But?" she cuts me off, her stare starting to harden.

"I feel as Shawn may be right" I speak in a quiet tone, avoiding her burning gaze.

Karen stands up and looks between me and Shawn. "They had a falling out."

"But before they had the ransom money?" Shawn immediately states back. "Why?"

"May I remind you Mr. Spencer and Detective, you are not the detective, Spencer and you are helping throw out wild accusations, Detective Lynne."

"I understand, I just have a feeling-" I began to state before she cut me off again.

"A feeling? Are you becoming psychic as well?" She expresses, causing my eyes to fall towards the floor.

I see Shawn tense in the corner of my eyes before giving me a 'sorry' look.

"I just need to speak to the witnesses again" He says, looking back towards Karen.

"They've been through enough." She says, sitting down, "And this conversation is over. You three are excused."

___

"You really need to learn how to knock" I speak, lifting my head off my pillow to see Shawn reading a magazine I had left on my night stand.

"Golf, really?" He asked flipping through the pages. "I never took you as that type of girl"

"What can I say" I lightly smile, taking the magazine out of his hands and setting it back down. "I am full of surprises" I wink before walking towards my bathroom.

"Me and you, we are going somewhere today." He says, following me to the bathroom.

"Are we?" I ask, taking out my toothbrush and toothpaste. "Is this work related"

"You could say so" He responds, watching me brush my teeth, "It definitely will be a little awkward."

I finish and look up at him with a cheeky smile. "Awh, you say that like you don't make everything awkward" I giggle, rustling his hair slightly.

He rolls his eyes and interlocks our fingers, pulling me towards the parking lot.

"Oh hell no" I say, looking at the motorcycle in front of me. "That is just asking for it."

"Oh come on, you'll love it!" He assured me, tossing me his only helmet. "Plus, you get to put your arms around me, it's a win win situation."

I slightly huff and put the helmet on, following his movements and getting on the bike. My hands slowly wrap around his waist, feeling the soft leather of his jacket rub against my palm.

I felt myself getting rosey and thanked the helmet for covering my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked, trying to look back at me but failing completely.

"I'm okay"
__

"Shut up, this is where you grew up, it's so cute!" I gushed, admiring the small red and white home.

Although Shawn looked slightly uncomfortable with being back at this home, he couldn't deny that Alina was making him feel slightly better.

Even making him smile a little.

"Yes, come on now" He spoke, pulling the helmet off my head.

I was about to get off the bike before realizing that Shawn was still looking at me.

"Please tell me I don't have helmet hair" I cringed, patting down my hair.

"I have never seen someone pull off helmet hair like you"

"Thanks?" I said amused, hopping off his motorcycle. "Come on now, we don't have all day."

We both make it to the front door and Shawn looks at it slightly nervous. I wrap my hand in his and use my free hand to knock, giving him a reassuring squeeze as well.

An older man opens the door and stares at Shawn, seeming to be absolutely shocked.

"Hi.. dad" Shawn says, squeezing my hand tighter than before.

"Shawn" The man responded, finally looking towards our hands and then to me.

"Oh right, uhm this is-"

"Alina" I smile, releasing Shawn's hand to shake his dads.

"You didn't tell me you moved back?" Shawn starts.

"You didn't tell me you moved away."

"Yeah, that was different"

"It was different?"

"Yeah, I was helping my mom through her divorce." He responds, slightly looking at me.

"It's nice to see you too, son"

It gets quite for a moment and Shawn looks over his dad's shoulder.

"Can I come in?"

"No." His dad states bluntly, pulling on a cap and walking past us. "I'm on way out to lunch, you can come with me if you don't bring this thing" He points towards the motorcycle.

"Thank God," I whisper, following his dad towards a yellow truck.

🍍🍍🍍