CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2: A GIFT? MORE LIKE TRASH.

"Amicaaaaa! Wait!" 

Said Amica's twin while running unto her and that causes her to cease from walking. She directs her gaze toward her twin.

"Why did you snub my friends? Isn't that showing a lack of respect? You are being too rude as always, Amica."

Amica sprawl out on a sofa while giving her a boring look.

"What for? They will just use you once more. To make their selves pleasure and waste our money. History repeats itself, Danica."

Danica is now having a strong feeling of annoyance out of her. 

"You're such a meanie!" her twin departs angrily.

Amica starts to rest by thinking broadly. That's the other way to make herself at rest, it makes her feel physical ease and relaxation. Using her thoughts about why her twin sister was blind to the realities of her position. She ignores the fact that she is surrounded by saddened phonies. Poor little twin, she decides to choose them over her who didn't do anything but to make her feel at ease. 

While keeping her eyes closed, someone suddenly came to her and get her cracking. She gently opens her eyes and starts speaking

"What is it again mom?" she said without excitement in her eyes even if she saw the gift that her mom's holding.

"Surprise! Open it, sweetie. You'll definitely gonna love it!" her mother said while giving her the gift.

She opens the gift and as soon as she saw what's the inside of it, she still doesn't have the amused expression.

"Ohh this is nice mom, thanks." Amica awfully said.

Next morning...

The name Amica is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "female friend".

Amica is a word meaning girlfriend that is not often used as a name in Italy, but it would sound pretty and name-like elsewhere.

"What?! Is this even a joke?" said Amica while rereading the meaning of her name on a book.

Rolling her eyes in disbelief.

Her mother gave it on her birthday Yesterday and the book is all about the meaning of names that are uncommon.

She got the wrong name because she's an introvert. She somewhat kinda felt disgusted in her own name.

She will never be friendly, not even a word. Even the world will end nor death is seen.

She immediately went to her mom and show the meaning of her name.

"Mom, my name doesn't speak about myself. Can we change it?"

She saw her mom with her glasses on, sipping her espresso while reading a book.

Her mother gazes on her and to the opened book where the meaning of her name was written.

"You are dear but you don't want to show it. Just be thankful that I have named you meaningfully." her mother said and continue on what she's doing.

Amica just rolled her eyes and mumble some impoliteness.

"A gift? More like trash" she mumbled.

"What did you say, dear?" her mom suddenly asked.

"Nothing mom." a fake curve was formed upon her lips.