CHAPTER 7

The family arrived at their new house early the following morning. Lisa found someone she had given out the room to for a small amount of money. This money she thought would help her cover some of her expenses. Packing their stuffs into the house was not a difficult task since they only had a few stuffs. Sandra took one room, Lisa took the room closer to her mums' room. Bruno and Daniel shared the biggest room. All of them were glad since they now had a place they could boast of. The school was not very far from their new house which made Lisa so happy since she didn't have to worry about lorry fare.
The next day at school, Lisa was seen smiling. She couldn't wait to inform her friend about the arrival of her family. She searched for Rose everywhere but couldn't find her. Wondering where Rose could be, she decided to check their favorite hangout. She couldn't decide between walking and running to the place because the classroom block she stood in front was far from there and at the end, she did both.
'Rose, Rose" she called out to her friend when she got there.
Rose was engrossed in a book she was holding and didn't even realized she was being called. Lisa called out for the third time before Rose turned
'I looked for you everywhere but couldn't find you" Rose said in an angry tone when Lisa approached
'But I was also looking for you that's why I came here" she defended herself
There was silence for some time before Lisa spoke
"My mum and grandpa came to the city" a smile formed at the corner of her cheek when she said this
"Really, I'm so happy for you' Rose said in excitement and hugged Lisa
"Surprisingly, she didn't even scold me for coming here. She rather promised to help me achieve my dreams.'
In Rose's mind, she wished she had a mum like Lisa's own. Someone who would allow her do what she liked best and also trust her with whatever she did.
"I wish I had a mum like yours" was all Rose could say
Lisa felt pity for her friend not getting why a mother would force her daughter do what she didn't want to do.
Rose thought to herself she was the only one who would be able to clear the sadness in the air at the moment as she was the cause.
"I want you to meet my friends Lisa' she said "we've been friends since childhood till now'
'Would be glad to meet them' Lisa said
Rose's phone rang at the moment. She searched her bag for it and picked the call when she found it.
'Hi, Norbert' she said "meet me at our normal hangout with Hector. I want you to meet my new friend" she hanged up after.
The two chatted whilst they waited for Rose's friends. Rose turned to see her friends approaching not long after the call. They greeted one another when Hector and Lisa spoke.
'You again." They both said in disgust
Rose and Norbert were lost as to what was happening. Rose was surprised they knew each other and even hated themselves with the way they spoke
'What's happening" Rose asked
They both didn't answer the question but only looked at each other in disgust. She had wished never to meet him again but here they were face to face. She hated him and didn't like his bossy way of talking. Hector hated her equally, he didn't like the way she spoke and saw her to be rude.
'It's nothing Rose' Hector lied
Lisa gave him the who-told-you-its-nothing-look but he ignored her. Rose was puzzled and didn't know whether or not to believe it but she kept her doubts to herself. She introduced the two to Lisa. The four chatted for a while happily as they gave funny comments but Lisa and Hector eyed each other throughout when no one watched them. She got fond of Norbert seeing him to be more respectful and calmer than his friend. They were both handsome and good looking. They all had the features every girl would want. She crushed on Norbert that moment but kept it to herself.
After a long chat, Lisa excused herself since it was getting late. She had to leave before her mum got angry with her.
'See you tomorrow Rose.' She packed her stuffs and got ready to leave
'So soon?'
'Yh, mum would get mad if I get home late"
'Okay" Rose giggled
"Never knew you were a house a house fowl" Hector teased
"Huh' she smirked and turned to face him
'What" he asked widening his eyes?
"Dumbass" she said under her tone and ignored him. She left immediately but what ensued between the two surprised Rose and Norbert. What was wrong with these two they thought?
The rest left not long after Lisa had left. Rose's driver picked her up whilst the boys left with their own cars. They were both from rich homes and enjoyed all the luxuries they wanted. They had their cars and used it for their normal activities and also for school. Norbert had a crush on Rose but kept it to himself.
The four of them became very good friends and did most of their things together. They shared some of their secrets and corrected each other's mistake. Lisa made sure she never got in the path of Hector or met his gaze as he was annoying to her. He, on the other side made sure he always found a way to find her trouble or say something against her. He enjoyed making fun of her anytime he meets her. None of the friend's knew what happened between them to hate on each other that way and they also refused to tell them.

"Can you please drop Lisa home?' Rose asked Hector one night after they finished chatting. They were engrossed in the chat and didn't realize it was late. They all talked about their experience and how they made it into this prestigious university. Lisa's story touched everyone as they saw how some people struggled to achieve their dreams. They were from affluent homes and didn't have to struggle to make ends meet. They got everything they needed anytime they asked. They learnt a lot from her life story. She wasn't a bad person after all Hector thought in his mind. He was the one who made the mistake the other time but because of pride he didn't apologize. It was his reaction that made her talk to him rudely he thought. He wished he never did that but it was too late.
'What" the two said in unison at the question Rose asked
"Drop Lisa of course. Its late and you don't expect her to walk home by herself Mr.-so-called-gentleman" Norbert teased 'I would drop Rose home and you drop Lisa."
He was left with no option than to give in to their request since he couldn't deny it.
'I can go on my own. Don't worry" Lisa said
'We know that, but it's late and you can't be walking alone especially you being a girl' Rose advised
Lisa could say nothing again.
"Okay Rose" she shrugged
They bade each other goodbye and left. Rose went with Norbert whilst Lisa went with Hector.
Rose got home very late only to find her angry mum waiting for her. She bid Norbert and made sure her mum didn't see him.
"What on earth were you doing outside till this late?" her mum inquired angrily
"I was with my friends"
'Friends indeed. Didn't you guys realize it was late to be chatting still?"
"I'm really sorry"
"And what about your driver?"
"I asked him to leave"
"You asked your driver to leave even when you knew you would be coming home late" Daniella said angrily
"How did you come home then?"
She never thought her mum would ask her this and there was no way she was going to mention Norbert's name
"Hector" Rose lied
Daniella only looked at her daughter not saying a word. She herself knew she was been over protective of her daughter since she was now of age. But she couldn't help not to, she was scared to lose her.
"Sorry for shouting at you' Daniella apologized 'I was only worried" she got closer and hugged her.

There was absolute silent in the car between Hector and Lisa. They all hated each other. The car passed on a stone on the middle of the road which made Lisa speak
'Hey Mr., you better widen your eyes whilst driving" she shouted at him
"Never knew you were such a scarecrow" he teased her and laughed out loud
Lisa just sighed and uttered no word. She didn't understand why an individual could be this annoying
'Hey! Stop here" she said angrily as the car passed in front of her house
'Why'
"Why what? That my house' she pointed, trying to release the seat belt with the other hand
He watched her for some time struggling before helping her
"Let me help you madam-know-it-all"
'Don't start"
'Here you go'
"Thank you' she muttered angrily and banged the door at him
Her mum stood in front of the house obviously waiting for her.
"Good evening mum" she greeted
"Where are you coming from late this night?'
'I was with my friends in school, mum"
'This late?'
'I didn't realize it was late. We were all chatting and didn't even realize, I'm sorry for coming late mum.'
'So who's that boy over there and what were you doing so close in the car?' Sandra asked Lisa pointing to Hector.
'He's just a friend mum, Rose asked him to drop me home."
"And the car incident?'
'He was only helping me with my seat belt. Nothing more.'
Sandra didn't utter any word again. She trusted her daughter and knew she was of age to decide for herself some of the times.
"Thank you Mr. handsome" Sandra said to Hector and pulled Lisa away.
He left not long after. He really like Lisa's mum as he saw her to be totally different from Rose's mum. Even though she cared about her daughter and was protective of her, she allowed her have her freedom and also decide for herself sometimes. He didn't get why such a cool and loving mum could give birth to an annoying daughter like Lisa.
He was sorry for Lisa because she lost her dad at a tender age. Her mum had made her believe that lie when she wouldn't stop asking where her father was whilst she grew up.