CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER TEN
Daniella was shocked at what she saw that day when she decided to follow Martin secretly. She had always suspected him to be hiding something from her but she couldn't figure out what it was. Always giving an excuse of going for a business meeting or seeing a friend, he left the house to visit Sandra.
"I'm going out to meet a friend" he said one afternoon to his wife who was watching a series on TV.
Daniella only looked at him and nodded her head. He was surprised at her cool nature that day. It has always been hell when he told her he was going out. Something was fishy he thought but chose to keep it to himself. Unknown to him, his wife was planning on following him to see what he has been up to. She hired a cab which followed his car so as not to raise any suspicion from him. He stopped in front of a restaurant and entered with his wife following closely behind. He had already booked a chair for two. He sat opposite a woman on the seat. Daniella could not see her face well but got furious.
"How on earth could Martin think of cheating" she said to herself
She tried every means to see the woman's face from where she stood but it wasn't possible. Her temper began to rise when she saw them chatting and laughing heartlessly. Who could this shameless woman be? Didn't she know the man she wanted was already married? Is she not shy sitting with a married man in public? All these questions ran through her mind and made her more bitter. Such shameless ladies still lived she thought.
"Well done Martin" she clapped her hands when she got to their table. He was shocked to see her and understood why she acted so cool when he left the house that morning.
"You. Sandra" a shocked Daniella said when she turned to see who the woman was
Sandra and Daniella were maternal half-sisters through their mother, Georgina. Daniella had never thought she would meet her sister again after so many years of betrayal. She was bored with her husband for keeping her sisters arrival to the city a secret from her. Each of them tried hard to make the fellow understand their part of the story but that wasn't possible. Through arguments and confrontations, Daniella got to know that the girl she hated so much was her own daughter. She regretted hating Lisa. After the truth was spilled, she became confused and didn't know whether Lisa would accept her as her mother or not. They all together left for Sandra's house. Lisa was surprised to see the three at the door. How come her mum knew Rose's parents? Something was not right she knew, they all seemed to have cried before coming over and they looked tensed and nervous. She offered them a seat and gave each person water. She turned after to excuse herself but was called back by her mum.
"Lisa" she called "there's something I've always hidden from you and I think you have to know today" Sandra said with tears in her eyes
A confused Lisa didn't understand anything. Her mum had a secret to tell her but why should it be in front of Rose's parent. Neither Daniella nor Sandra had the courage to speak first. They all had tears filled in their eye. Martin after a while revealed the truth to a shaken Lisa that she was actually their missing daughter. She was confused and didn't know how she became their missing daughter. Many questions ran through her mind which she needed answers to. Martin sat her down seeing her condition and explained everything to her. She couldn't believe Daniella was her actual mum and Martin her dad. Sandra just nurtured her in her womb but she had come to love her so much and didn't know whether to accept what she had just been told.
She ran to her room and locked herself in after hearing all these. The news was heavy for her and didn't know how to digest it.
Daniella and Martin took leave. They arrived home very late to meet a worried Rose at the front gate. No one was ready to explain what happened as they were all exhausted. They promised to tell her what they found out the next day.
Rose couldn't believe what she heard the following day. Lisa was her parent's biological daughter. The girl she hated the most. How could that be possible? There was a way she could help herself out of this situation. She couldn't afford to live under the same roof with Lisa.
Daniella remained opposed to Sandra and legal issues about who gets Lisa started. They all wanted her to stay with them but that wouldn't be possible. Daniella was forgiven by Lisa for all the insults and how she treated her when she sincerely apologized. Lisa became confused as to what to do, she loved Sandra very much and couldn't afford to leave her. After legal attempts, they agreed that Lisa will stay in Daniella's house for the weekdays and Sandra's at the weekend.
Their parents tried to settle whatever conflict was between the now half-sisters but it didn't work. There was no day they didn't argue or quarrel in the house. Rose hated Lisa so much that there was nothing that could make her change her mind. Lisa on the other hand tried solving things out between them but that also didn't work.
Lisa and Rose's feud intensified when they graduated. Rose became more confident and determined to destroy Lisa who bested her my becoming Vice President at their grandpa's coffee company. Rose thought she loved Hector and craves for his company, and Lisa forgives Norbert after a dispute during their graduation.
"Im sorry for everything Lisa. I thought I could love you and forget Rose but I was totally wrong since I still love her" Norbert apologized to Lisa
That was the last time they spoke until their graduation where they settled their differences.
One morning after breakfast, Rose requested to speak with her parents and what she told them, shocked them and left them speechless.
"Mummy, Daddy" she said "I want to thank you very much for the love and support you gave me ever since you adopted me"
"Im not trying to be ungrateful but I just want to at least know about my real parents and know who they really are and why they gave up on me." She concluded
Martin spoke after a long moment of silence
"But why all of a sudden this decision? Are we not taking very good care of you?" He asked
"Not that daddy. I just want to at least know who my parents are and why they gave me out." Tears welled up in her eyes as she spoke.
They tried convincing her to change her mind on her decision but she had already made her final decision. Nothing could change her mind again. Daniella only looked at her without uttering a word. They all couldn't understand such a sudden decision she took. Her parents after sometime decided to help her search for her real parents. That was the only way she could move ways from Lisa she thought. She didn't want to stay under the same roof with her.
The search for Rose's parents started not long after. Her adopted parents made sure they provided her with everything she needed during the search. During their days off at work, they all went together to do the search. Norbert and Hector also helped her in her search. Even though she warned Lisa not to help, Lisa also tried helping without her knowledge. The search was very tough and difficult as the description they gave of her parents wasn't at all helpful. Daniella took Rose to the orphanage she had adopted her from. The people over there couldn't remember anything since it's over 20 years and also most of the previous workers weren't there. Rose lost all hopes in connecting with her parents. She finally concluded that they may be dead by now. Her adopted parents made all their possible best in making her happy during her tough times.
Lisa wished she could do something to help her half-sister, Rose, but it wasn't possible. Rose hated her very much till now. Every possible means she tried to be forgiven was at waste.
After five months of an unsuccessful search, Rose finally gave up and closed the chapter of searching for her parents. Her parents might be dead by now she thought to herself.