CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER NINE
"Is that you Sandra?" a shocked Martin asked.
It was over 15years since Sandra left the city and here they stood face to face. Sandra left to look for a job that morning and unfortunately met Martin. Her worst nightmare turned to a reality. She never wanted to meet either of Daniella's family and here she was right in front of her husband. She didn't know how to answer his question and stood there staring at what only her could see. Noticing how nervous she was, he pulled her away from the crowd. They went together to a quiet place where he asked her questions. Sandra however made him promise not to inform anyone about their meeting which he did. She narrated everything about how Lisa was given birth to and how she ran away to the city to further her education. But she didn't mention the girl's name to him as she wanted to protect her daughter from Martin. She didn't want him to have any contact with Lisa. Unknown to her, Lisa and Martin had already met each other as Rose's friend and her dad but didn't know their true identity. Sandra explained to him that she ran away because she feared the baby wouldn't be told who carried her. Martin only listened without saying anything. They chatted for some time soon forgetting everything. Martin promised her once again when they were about to leave to keep meeting secretly.

Their meetings became frequent without anyone knowing. He got to know later through persuasion that Lisa was his daughter. Knowing that made him so happy because he liked her ever since the day he met her. She was kind hearted, caring, beautiful and confident just like her mum. He often gave Sandra lots of gifts and money to be given to Lisa which she sometimes declined politely.

"What?" All these while you never listened to any of us. You went ahead to date someone your family disapproved of. Have you forgotten what his daddy did to us? Have you forgotten so soon? You've really disappointed me. I know it's all that so called friends fault. She's the one influencing you to go against your family's words. I never really liked her the moment I saw her. She's just a wolf dressed in a sheep's clothe." Daniella lashed out on her daughter when she found out she was dating Norbert. Rose wondered how come her mum got to know about this but she got no answer. Her best friend Lisa was been blamed for her mistake
"It isn't Lisa's fault mum" she cried defending her friend. "She has nothing to do with me dating Norbert."
"That's what's you'll surely say to defend that wretched friend of yours"
This harsh words used on Lisa made her cry more. Her mum wouldn't listen to her. She wished her dad was here at the moment but he wasn't. Her mums last words before she stormed out the room was like a knife pierced in her heart.
"I don't want to ever see you with Norbert again. All I'm saying is you have to break up with him today before your grandpa hears. You know what's he's capable of doing when he's angry. Break up with him by the end of tomorrow I repeat. I don't know care how you do it." She banged the door angrily and left.

She cried the whole day. She didn't understand why her mum would associate her love life with their family problems. It was between their parents and not them. She refused to eat anything offered to her. It was until her dad came back. He promised to talk to her mum to change her mind on what she said. But she couldn't count on her dad's words since she knew her mum well.

The next day at school, she informed Norbert first on what ensued between her mum and she the previous day and then later told Lisa and Hector. Norbert was lost of words not understanding why such a lie was been put on his dad without any proper evidence. They were all confused on what to do. Just when they were chatting, a crazy idea came to Rose's mind which Norbert agreed to. They planned everything carefully and told Lisa and Hector.
"What?" Lisa screamed when she heard of the plan they took
"Are you guys insane? What on earth came into your mind to think of such a crazy idea?"
"That's the only option we got if we want to keep on with our relationship." Norbert said in defense
"I don't think eloping to another town would make your parents realize the love you've got for each other. This would only make things worse. Think about it carefully." Hector advised
"There should be a different way you could make your parents understand the love you've got for each other" Lisa said