one.

LOST SOULS!
CHAPTER ONE.
it's all my fault.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN MARTIN LET OUT A SIGH AS HE INHALED THE FRESH AIR OF HOME, CLOSING HIS EYES. Home. It felt weird being back after being gone all summer . . . but he was here. He had hoped as soon as he stepped off the plane, he would feel that sense of happiness he would get from when he was a little kid coming back from a holiday . . . but there was no joy in his return.

"Adrian!" There was, however, joy in the two high pitched screeches which caught his attention, the redhead stopping curiously to turn his head. Lydia Martin and Allison Argent ran through the crowds to reach him, wide smiles on their faces.

Adrian managed a small yet pleasant smile at the sight, opening his mouth to greet the two girls. "Hey guys! I'm ba-"

The boy groaned when his friends pulled him into a hug so tight he dropped his suitcase, being tugged into their embrace. Adrian hugged them back tightly as well after awhile, smiling sadly in their shoulders.

"We missed you!" Allison grinned as she swayed in the hug, pulling back to take in the boy's slightly changed appearance. "You got a haircut!"

The redhead nodded, running a hand through his slightly longer cut ginger locks. He then gestured down to the now shoulder-length hair of the Argent. "So did you."

"Speaking of hair." Lydia trailed off with a smile, her green eyes meeting her brother's as she twirled a strand of strawberry blonde hair in her fingers. "Just wait until you see Stiles."

Stiles. The very mention of his name turned a cog in Adrian's heart. The two teens hadn't seen each other in four months now that he really thought about it. Sure, they spoke daily on the phone and through text, but . . . they lost connection after the funeral.

Now that he thought about it, Adrian Martin had lost connection with everyone after the funeral . . .

"Oh, look who's blushing!" Allison grinned ear to ear, gesturing to the teenage boy's pink dusted cheeks to match his starstruck look.

The male Martin snapped out of it, shaking his head as he picked up his discarded suitcase. "Shut up!" He whined.

"Chill, it's not like Stiles hasn't missed you either." Lydia waves it off with a roll of the eyes, the three of them making their way to her car.

"He-He's missed me?" Adrian questioned, surprised. He didn't know why, but half of him expected for the Stilinski boy to be mad at him after he had left him on read and didn't answer his calls. Heck, part of him feared Stiles had found someone new to spend his summer with.