seven.

LOST SOULS!
CHAPTER SEVEN.
too weak.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ADRIAN AWOKE TO THE ICE COLD FOREST GROUND PRESSING AGAINST HIS CHEEK AS THE PITTER PATTER OF RAIN HIT HIS SKIN, HIS EYES CRACKING OPEN AT THE TOUCH. He found himself no longer in the comforts of his own bed like he had last remembered being in. Instead, he was in the Beacon Hills woods . . . a place that never meant anything good for the young teen.

Dragging his body up to his feet, he immediately felt the rain sink into his hair as his sleep shirt began to cling onto his body. The redhead sighed when he looked down to see he had no shoes or socks on, his feet already growing dirty in the nipping cold.

Why am I here? The boy asked himself as he looked around. There was nothing that drew his eye as suspicious or supernatural related, so why was he placed here?

"Adrian? Oh my- no. No, no, no. What are you doing here?"

Adrian's body immediately went rigid, the one lonely voice in the woods didn't scare him per say . . . but definitely filled his gut with a rather depressed guilt as he turned around.

Toby Valack stood tall with his shocked, dark chocolate-coloured eyes shining in the raining moonlit sky as he caught the awestruck boy's attention and ran forward. The Martin boy barley had enough time to open his mouth as Toby took his hand and guided him through the dark, rainy night that fell upon Beacon Hills. "You shouldn't be here!"

Adrian felt like a doll with the way he was being handled, completely immobile and so easy to drag along. It felt like he couldn't do anything with his dead best friend in front of him; especially since he still felt responsible for the Valack boy's passing.

Why is this happening? Why do I keep seeing him. He's dead. He's not real. The redhead thought as he continued to stare at the back of Toby's dirty blonde-haired head, his green eyes becoming sorrowful. Am I being punished? Is this really what I deserve? To constantly be haunted by the ghost of my best friend . . . or whatever the young teen was now? For all Adrian knew, this couldn't even be his Toby.

"W-Where are you taking me?!" The redhead finally found his voice and demanded, not fighting the hold he was currently in just yet. He felt the wet, sticky leaves stick to his face as they passed multiple hordes of bushes. No answer came from the Valack boy, making the Martin raise his voice to gain his attention more. "Toby!"

"No time! They're coming! Hurry!" Was the only quick answer reaching through the wood air as the two boys continued their running- one feeling scared while the other was lost on a whole new level to what was occurring.