4

Laikynn opened her swollen eyes. She tried to get up from bed but she felt her head aches so much. Pakiramdam niya, umiikot ang kanyang paningin.

Pinakiramdaman niya ang sarili, she's already on her PJs. She realised that she wakes up inside their room. The only thing that she could remember, she was at the bar with Kyla.

'Bakit napunta ako dito?' nagtatakang tanong niya sa sarili habang nakahawak sakanyang sentido. She's trying to remember how she ended up being in their house.

'You were so drunk last night, I went there and pick you up.' Ben interrupted her from her thoughts, noon lamang niya napansin na nakaupo pala ito sa couch nila malapit sa bed side table.

She glared at Ben, 'You didn't have to. If only I was sober, hindi na ako sumama pabalik dito.'

'And why not?' Ben's forehead wrinkled, 'This is your house, too.'

Laikynn laughed sarcastically, 'It's none of your business. I'll call Kyla and tell her that I'll stay there.'

Tatayo na sana siya pero umikot na naman ang kanyang paningin at sobrang bigat ng kanyang pakiramdam.

Ghad. Gaano ba karami nainom ko?

Ben catched her bago pa man siya mapatumba, tinabig niya ang kamay nito sa pagkakahawak sakanyang bewang as she regain her composure.

'You are not going to Kyla's place. Look at you, sumama ka lang sakanya and you end up being drunk.' Ben lectured her.

Nag-init na naman ang ulo niya sa narinig. How dare him accused my cousin?!

Laikynn glared at Ben, 'Don't talk to her that way, Ben. Wala kang alam sa nangyari. And I'd rather be drunk than stay here with you.'

'That is why I am here, asking you, what happened.' Ben stated, naka-crossed arm pa ito at nakakunot ang noo. She knows he is really disappointed sa ginawa niyang pag-iinom. 'Paano kung nabastos ka do'n? What if someone take you for granted just because you were drunk? Nag-iisip ka ba?'

'Stop acting like you really care,' she firmly says, 'Whatever I want to do, it's none of your fucking business, Ben. I'm used to this. Wala kang pake sakin. It might be fine with you if I'm out of your life.'

Bago pa man tumulo ang luha niya, tinalikuran na niya ito at bumaba para magtimpla ng kape sa kitchen. But Ben insisted to make the coffee for her.

'Why are you doing this?' she annoyingly asked Ben habang ipinagtitimpla siya nito ng kape.

'What this? Do you mean making coffee? You are obviously having hang over.' Ben answered.

'Stop acting like you care.' she repeated, 'And why are you here? Don't you have a client meeting?'

'Just call it my rest day.' sagot nito, inilapag nito sa harap niya ang tinimplang kape at naupo na rin. 'I just successfully closed a very big project last night.'

'Really?' she sarcastically said which made Ben more confusing, 'Gaano ba kaimportante yung project mo last night? Is it as important as Kiara?'

Halata niyang nagulat si Ben sa lumabas sakanyang bibig, but she was just trying if Ben would tell her the truth or still act like nothing happened.

Ben took a deep breath, trying to control his annoyance and anger. 'Tell me, Kynn. Where is this all coming from?'

'Why don't you answer my question? Is it as important as Kiara?' she repeated with greeted teeth, glaring at Ben. Sabihin mo lang sa akin ang totoo, I am willing to forgive you.