6

'Where have you been?'

Laikynn asked as soon as he enter their room, she crossed her arms and is obviously mad at him.

'I have to finish my paper works,' he tiredly answered, removed his shoes and laid in their bed.

Laikynn stomp her feet and glared at him, 'I called in your office, you left early. So what work did you finished?'

'Fine...' Ben sighed. 'Nag-inom lang kami ni Diego.'

He lied, the truth is, Kiara and Him went to a bar and had some drink.

'Really?' Laikynn suspiciously stared at him.

Ben took a heavy sigh, 'If you don't believe me, then go, call Diego and ask him.'

Iniabot niya ang kanyang cellphone pero hindi nito kinuha, 'Now, if you don't wanna call Diego then atleast let me sleep.'

'Fine.'

BEN woke up without Laikynn on his side, her pillow isn't there too. He went down stairs half-asleep and find out that his wife slept in their sofa.

Ben remembered everything that happened last night, they were so drunk that he didn't even noticed why him and Kiara ended up kissing in his car. Then he felt bad for his wife.

He feels like Laikynn is too good for him, that he don't deserve her because he cannot even give the same amount of love that she is able to give him.

'I'm sorry, eto lang ako.'

'HE went home late and he leave early without an explanation, is it that hard for him to apologize man lang for getting home late?' malungkot na kwento niya kay Kyla over the phone.

Kyla sighed, 'You're used to it, right? Benedict is Benedict, kahit anong pagbabago pa ang i-try niya, he would always go back to what he really is- worthless husband.'

'Kyla? He is still my husband. I just really thought we are already okay.' She sighed, 'But why do I feel like he's being incosiderate, numb and doesn't care again?'

'Ewan ko ba dyan sa asawa mo! Baka naman ginagawa niya lang yan to make his ex see that he is already happy with his marriage kahit na ang totoo ay hindi naman talaga.' Kyla annoyingly stated, 'Know what, Lai? You should have left him. He's just fooling you around and playing with your feelings! And then one sorry niya lang, ang rupok mo na naman!'

'I can't do that. I'm still hoping that we'll be better someday. Maybe he wasn't just in the mood last night.'

She bid her goodbye and went inside the museum to be oriented with her new job. She occupied the last space in the bench.

She texted her husband na meron siyang orientation today but she got no reply.

'That's my seat.' A guy interrupted her.

'I came here first. Hindi mo ba nakikita? Nakaupo na ako.' She glared.

'Sorry miss, but I came here first. May binili lang ako. You can ask them if you want.'

Napatingin tuloy siya sa mga nasa unahan nito, one person agreed with the guy kaya napilitan siyang tumayo. Laikynn just made face and didn't argue with the guy anymore.

Unfortunately, ito pa ang nakasabay niyang i-orient. They are the last two person na pumasok sa loob ng opisina. They were just given a short briefing about their job.

'So, the two of you will be contact by my staffs for the proper orientation.' the interviewer announced, tumingin ito sakanya at sa hawak nitong resumé. 'Are you related to Mr. Benedict Clemonte?'