Chapter 07: Feel the Thunder

The Life and Times of an Average Coward

Chapter 07: Feel the Thunder

Warning: Not edited, possible wrong grammars and such

*-*-*-*-*

Dear everyone,

First and for most, I MISS ALL OF YOU! But anyways, I've been getting along with Kuwajima-san, I mean Jii-chan, just fine. He's really nice as you say he would be Tengu-jiji but don't you worry, your still one of my favorite old men. Jii-chan is also a spartan master, I can't believe he made me run five times around the village and back to the house (it was on a hill mind you) with blindfold on. I blame you Tengu-jiji for this. You gave him this idea didn't you?!

How are you all doing? The training, how's it going? Did you both got the total breathing concentration thing? Last time I was there you guys are struggling with that for almost a week. Are you boys still arguing? I dearly hope not because if you guys are arguing I will not visit you both the next month. Seriously, stop arguing, its pointless either way. I miss you all! Heck I even miss your arguments no matter how troublesome they are. Sorry about the tearstains ha, I just get really teary eyed and this is my 27th? 30th time? I don't really know, I've lost count. Just know that I've rewritten this letter so many times that Jii-chan complained about me using all up the precious paper.

Not that he's wrong. I think this is the last one or he might be hiding the others in some place.

Going off topic here; did you boys at least granted my request not to take the test yet? Oh I know that you probably did, knowing Sachi's code of honor and that Yuu always keeps his promises. Twelve is just too young to be battling man-eating monsters no matter how skilled you guys are, so you both better listen to me and Tengu-jiji and stop pouting. You guys can take it when you're way older, like way, way older but not too old because you'd be grandpa's then. Just... just not now okay? I'd get an early heart attack just thinking about all this.

Did I mention that I miss you all and love you? If I haven't then I'm saying, well writing now, that I miss you all and love ya. I just really, really, really miss you boys. It's a little lonely here but I got Jii-chan as company.

Oh and I've met this man, he's really huge, he reminds me a little of Daiki-ojiichan though he's taller and skinnier, but he's really kind, like super kind. He lives in a mountain with the other eight children he took in, the temple was a bit away from where Jii-chan's hut is but I uh, discovered it when I... kinda ran away from Jii-chan?

Yes, yes! I know that I probably shouldn't have done that because there's a lot of dangers in the world and my luck is really the worst and I thought for a moment that I need to take a break from everything and I was really messed up and stressed out. I know that doesn't justify it but, but, I just missed you guys so much and there's the training thing. You all know what my reaction to things that I don't like right? Running away just seemed to be the greatest option. What can I say, I'm a coward okay?

His name is Himejima Gyoumei. Mei-nii is a gentle giant and he cries more often than I do! His really religious and he's training to become a monk, fits him really. Why can't you both do a job that's not dangerous like that? I've made friends of the other kids in his care though there's this obnoxious kid. His name is Kaigaku. It's always his way or the high way, really makes me wanna hit him and he bullies Sato-kun and Sayo-chan a lot but for some reason he thinks I'm really cool. Probably because of Jii-chan but whatever, he doesn't feel genuine for the most part but I think he really wants to be friends with me.

Anyways, this getting really long and I'm running out of paper, I would have love to write more but since this is the last paper, I don't really have a choice. Write back okay? Oh yeah, I miss you all and love ya! Don't ever forget that. By the way the crow carrying this letter is a friend of mine, his name is Kurotsuchi but I renamed Kurotsuki so call him whatever between those two. Don't freak out much about him talking okay? He's nice but politely sarcastic sometimes. Give him berries or nuts for his service, alright? He already did me a favor by taking this letter to you guys since I begged so nicely. It's much faster this way than letting a merchant deliver it to you guys and it's mostly free. I would be able to send these letters twice a month, thrice if Kurotsuki-kun's flight location matches. He's a really busy crow with important things to do but he's really nice for delivering this. Miss you and love y'all!