iv. no control

Taylor's POV

Waking up beside Harry was.. nice. It was definitely a feeling I had missed. It was also unusual for me to be sharing my bed with someone again. For the last two years or so, I had slept alone in my bed, with the exception of Meredith and Olivia, who were my cats.

The fact that he wanted to do something as... normal as grocery shopping with me was almost endearing. I mean, it was always nice when there are 1,989 roses on your doorstep to congratulate the release of your new album, but the small things he did with me made me like him a lot more. Sometimes it isn't a romantic dinner date at a fancy restaurant that wins a girl over, but going over to her house to help her move furniture or renting a cheesy rom-com to watch with her may be just what you need to get her to like you. That's how you get the girl. With the little things.

We took Harry's car to the same Starbucks as last night, but he went out to get our coffees while I sat and typed up a work email to Scott. When he got back to the car he had two caramel lattes and two muffins. I sent the email and he passed me a drink and a chocolate chip muffin.

As we picked at our breakfast I asked, "So what sorts of errands are we running today Styles?"

"Uh.." he swallowed his mouthful of food and swiped to unlock his phone and passed me his to-do list.

'To-do list:

- Go grocery shopping

- Buy birthday present for mum

- Ask Taylor to come watch a movie

- Get phone case'

The engine turned on and I saw that Harry was done eating and we were backing out of the parking bay and onto the Los Angeles highway.

"Uh yeah you seem to have a busy busy day here Haz," I said, sarcastically, placing his phone on the center console.

"Excuse you, Swift. Groceries and finding a present for my mum happen to be very stressful activities for me."

"And asking me to your house for a movie? Is that also a very stressful activity? It seems like it's on the 'Harry Styles List of Very Stressful Activities' to me," at this point, I looked like I was about to burst into a fit of giggles.

"Ahhh, shit! I hadn't realised I'd put that on there. I didn't think you'd see it," he groaned as we pulled into Walmart.

"Oooooh. Harry's got a cruuuushh on a girrllll," I laughed, leaving him red-faced and trailing behind me as I got a shopping cart.

He walked behind me, placing his hands on either side of my hands on the handle, sandwiching my body between his abs and the metal bar of the shopping cart.

"This is so claustrophobic and uncomforable and weird. Why are you so freaking annoying? Wow, I hate you a lot," I laughed trying to escape his grip.

"Yeah well, there's nothing I do better than revenge," he said ticking me in the middle of the parking lot.

"You piece of shit, you just used my own lyrics from four years ago against me!" I shouted the fake astonishment making my voice go an octave higher.

A woman with a three year old playing on an iPad gave me a dirty look for making a noise. I mumbled a 'sorry' and we walked in.

- - - - -

"You can't just buy cereal and chips! When do you actually eat actual food made with an actual stove that you actually have in your house?"

"Listen Tay, I don't have time to cook e-ve-ry-dayyy," he enunciated each syllable in the word and made a shocked face.

So far we'd gotten about seven different kinds of cereal, tea, candy and we were currently in the aisle of the supermarket where they had chips on display.