4. Beautiful Stranger

< Liam

(Liam's P

(Liam's P.O.V)

"Loosen up!" Ivory whined, "If you keep fidgeting like that it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that we don't fit in here."

"Easy for you to say." I rolled my eyes at her. She was the one who was used to making trouble literally all the time . . . intruding someone's party, even if it were the Rossetts' this time, was probably not a big deal for her. I on the other hand was an awkward mess.

All I had wanted to do was enjoy my well deserved holiday, sleep peacefully and relax. But nope, as if I'm allowed to live in peace, especially when I have a sister like her.

"Seriously brother, have fun while you can. Who knows, you might find your prince charming here!" She wiggled her eyebrows at me, making me scrunch my nose in distaste.

"I'd really rather not," I retorted with a glare.

She raised her hands up in defense. And averted her eyes from me.

I had no clue what her deal was. She knew I didn't like to date and I was awkward to an extent that if someone so much as tried to hit on me, my immediate reaction would be to run away.

"I mean how? How can you resist the beautiful temptations the world has to offer?" She pointed randomly towards the crowd.

My phone chimed, and I couldn't have been more thankful for the timing. She narrowed her eyes at me and I just shrugged her off and pulled out my phone. It was a text. From Theo.

Theo: I can't find him. Help?

Of course you can't find him.

This mansion was huge, even the Rossetts probably forgot their way around it sometimes.

"I'm going to help Theo find Ashton. Don't do anything stupid," I warned my sister.

She mumbled a distracted 'hm', too busy ogling people in the crowd. I didn't particularly mind that, she was very well capable of protecting herself. But when she would start pairing them up with me it became a problem. It annoyed the hell out of me on why my sister was so particularly interested in my non existent dating life.

'I met a new guy at the café today, want me to fix you up?' or 'Oooh remember the guy you saw when you were picking me up? He was asking about you.' and on and on and on. I just wasn't interested and that was that.

I looked back at where my sister was standing only to find an empty spot.

Great!