15. Time To Confront

< Liam

(Liam's P

(Liam's P.O.V.)

I called Alex and asked if I could visit him. Honestly, I was expecting him to say no. Because ever since Ivory had spoken those words, a picture of Alex torturing someone kept popping up in my head and it felt as if that was what he could probably be doing right now. But I wasn't going to think about that just yet. I couldn't. I shoved all of my thoughts in a box and locked it, only to be opened when I got to Alex.

I got in my car and drove away the very second I got his response. I pulled up in front of the Rossett mansion, the place that originally got us all doomed, and got out of my vehicle. The security guard didn't stop me so I guessed Alex must've let him know that I was coming. I walked past the guard to find Alex already waiting for me, leaning on the door frame.

"Hey." He gave me a small smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.

Does he know why I'm here?

"I need to ask you something, and I want an honest answer," I told him. But as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I felt so insanely stupid. What was I supposed to ask? 'Hey, are you a criminal?'

He looked at me for a second, then his hands softly cupped both of my cheeks as his eyes bore into mine. Once again, they were doing their weird magic where I would start falling weak for him. I wondered if he was some kind of a sorcerer . . . and if this was his way of casting a spell on me.

"You know you have my complete honesty, Liam. I'll tell you the truth . . . even if I'm not supposed to," he assured me.

I didn't want to ask him anymore. His words felt like he had a hint of what I wanted to ask. I, however, wasn't sure that I wanted him to confirm my doubts. No, actually I was sure. My heart was tugging at me to just hope that he would deny everything. I had barely just gotten him . . .

After so long had I finally been able trust someone enough to let them close to my heart this way, I wouldn't know what to do if he confirmed my doubts.

I took a deep breath, and placed my own hands on his, breaking my gaze away from his eyes to instead stare at the cross that lazily hung over his chest. Funny how I hadn't noticed it before, it looked so pretty on him.

"Do you . . . know what I saw, on the night of the masquerade?"

"Yes."

I nodded, not wanting to ask the next question that was swirling in my head but knowing that I had to.

"Are you a criminal?" I finally pushed the words out of my mouth.