[4]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

love is in the air

By the time eight rolled around, Knox had bid her goodbye, and Angeline was making her way to the student lounge. With her bag over shoulder filled with all textbooks imaginable, she walked through the entrance to see the rest of the guys sprawled across the room. Charlie waved her over to a table with Neil and Cameron.

"Angie baby, you know trigonometry?"

She rolled her eyes. "Not if you call me that horrid name." She sat down next to Charlie, who threw his arm around her. With his other hand, he pushed the textbook towards the middle of the pair.

"Sounds good Angel face. Thanks for all the help." A loud yelp was heard as Charlie fell out of his chair and onto the floor. Angeline opened the textbook to the required page, and began to scan over the equations.

"This is just some implicit differentiation. Super simple if you know what you're doing." Neil scoffed from across the table.

"Well I don't think we know what we're doing." Cameron coughed, and gestured to himself.

"Speak for yourself, I know exactly what's going on."

"If you guys have any questions, just ask and I'll try and help." Angeline quickly pulled out a piece of paper and began her work. Question after question, the numbers flew by as the paper was filled with equations. Reaching the end of the assignment, Angeline slammed the book shut, and moved to put her paper away. Charlie groaned and poked her in the shoulder.

"You gotta help me with this doll. You don't want me to flunk out do you?" Angeline shrugged, and slid her paper towards the boy.

"Here. It seems like you're a more... visual learner. Just make sure to return that please." She smiled and excused herself from the table, and made her way towards the other occupied table, where two boys huddled over some sort of contraption.

"Hey Pitts, Steven, what are you guys working on?" The two boys jumped, and turned towards the girl.

"Sorry to bother you. Seems like you're very invested in... whatever you are building." Meeks smiled and pulled out a chair next to him.