[13]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

my fair lady

Sneaking out of a Welton was much easier than the boys had described. Since she didn't have a bike, Angeline was forced to sneak out on foot, but even that wasn't a problem for her. The plan was simple: if anyone asked her why she was leaving, she'd simply burst into tears and complain that it was her "time of month". It was practically fool proof, no man wanted to deal with a temperamental teenage girl anyway. Giggling to herself, Angeline hopped the fence, and made her way towards town.

Not having been into town before was making the girl's trip slightly harder than it should have been. Angeline knew she probably looked out of place, like an American tourist in a small Parisian village. But she paid that no mind, and continued on her way, looking around for a building that resembled a movie theater.

When she found it, the movie theater, Angeline let out a sigh of relief. Clutching her rose pendant necklace, which had hung on her neck since the day Meeks had gifted it to the girl, Angeline closed her eyes and made a silent prayer of thanks. Checking her pocket watch, which displayed 3:58 as the time, Angeline began to look around to find a girl who fit Knox's description of Chris. Blonde, beautiful, with big brown eyes.

Angeline's eyes zeroed in on a girl who stood awkwardly near the entrance, her hair practically shining as the light hit it straight on. She smiled to herself, and made her way towards the girl.

"Chris Noel?" The blonde haired girl looked up, smiled, and rushed towards Angeline, taking the girl into a hug. Blushing slightly, Angeline returned the nice gesture, taking mental note to hold the action over Knox's head.

"Angeline Scott I presume?" The girl nodded, and the two separated. Smoothing our her skirt out of habit, Angeline cast a full look over Chris, who seemed to be doing the same thing. Once their eyes met, the two girls giggled, Angeline fixing her beret in embarrassment.

"Knox really described you to a t. You're very beautiful." Chris blushed, and hooked her arm through Angeline's.

"Don't flatter me Angeline. You're stunning! I love your hair!" Glancing towards the theater, Chris began to pull them inside. "I know that this movie came out earlier this year, but i haven't gotten the chance to see it yet! I hope you like crime!"

The two girls pushed open the theater's door, and began to wait in line for their tickets. Chris pointed towards the large poster that had Marilyn Monroe sprawled across it.