[11]

nobody knows this little rose —
it might a pilgrim be
did I not take it from the ways
and lift it up to thee.
only a bee will miss it —
only a butterfly,
hastening from far journey —
on its breast to lie —
only a bird will wonder —
only a breeze will sigh —
ah little rose — how easy
for such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

only a bee will miss it —only a butterfly,hastening from far journey —on its breast to lie —only a bird will wonder —only a breeze will sigh —ah little rose — how easyfor such as thee to die! -Emily Dickinson

some pressing phone calls

The day after the first Dead Poets meeting was rough. Tired from the night before, Angeline had a hard time getting dressed and ready for the day. Knox basically had to drag out to the bathroom, just to brush her hair and teeth. Which was why she was the last one to breakfast, strolling in with her shirt untucked and skirt slightly wrinkled.

The girl sat down next to Todd, who smiled and pushed a plate near her. She accepted and began to pick at the eggs and toast, not speaking a word.

"Don't you look chipper today Angie darling?"

"Not a word Dalton. Not a word." Swallowing the last piece of her toast, Angeline stood up. Picking up her books from the floor, she waved to the boys, and without a word, began to walk away.

"Ang! Wait up!" Meeks's voice shouted after her through the hall, causing Angeline to stop in her tracks and wait for the boy. She turned around, and winked at the boy running after her.

As Meeks reached her, he placed a hand on her arm, and began to catch his breath. "How are you?"

The question caused Angeline to giggle, and brush the hair that was falling into the boy's face. "I'm pretty alright, just a little tired from last night. How are you Steven?"

The boy smiled and leaned into the girl's touch on his face. Standing up straight, he pushed his glasses into his face, and blushed.

"I'm good. Great actually. I just wanted to talk to you, you know, about last night. If you don't want to, that's fine, totally, just forget about it, really doesn't matter—"

The girl interrupted the rambling of the auburn-haired boy by placing a chaste kiss on his mouth. Meeks immediately stopped speaking, and stared at the girl surprised.

"What was that for?" Laughing, Angeline grabbed the boy's hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Just a way to tell you that I didn't forget about last night." Looking around for any people who might be watching, Meeks squeezes the girl's hand, and steps closer.

"So, we're good then?" Angeline giggles, and pushes back some hair that fallen into her line of vision.

"If we're good means that you're my boyfriend, then yes, we're good." Meeks stumbles back in surprise.